275/50r15 et street on stock rim

Anyone try a 275/50/15 on a 15x8 rim? I have a pair of 15x8 Kirban/ARE GNX wheels that I was going to put a set of those on. The 255/60/15's fit perfect on a stock T-Type or GN wheel, I don't know why anyone would say they don't. Here's 255/60s on my car (lowered slightly):
T wheels 2.jpg T wheels 3.jpg

FWIW;
Discount tire says the 275/50/15 MTs will not fit on the car so they won't mount it.
I even called once of the store managers who owns a GN and he said it will not fit on a TType rim.
After some more searching, I came to the conclusion that it will fit with a spacer, but for liability reasons, Discount Tire will not mount it ON TE CAR.
I am waiting for the 255's as I have enough going on . . . .

FWIW;
Discount tire says the 275/50/15 MTs will not fit on the car so they won't mount it.
I even called once of the store managers who owns a GN and he said it will not fit on a TType rim.
After some more searching, I came to the conclusion that it will fit with a spacer, but for liability reasons, Discount Tire will not mount it ON TE CAR.
I am waiting for the 255's as I have enough going on . . . .

Jerryl, I highly recommend going to the discount tire on Highway 6 near West Airport. Ask for Micheal to do the work for you and your car, wheels and tires will be in excellent hands. He's a close friend of mine.

IMG_8880.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, all of this talk about a 275/50R-15 ET Street on stock T wheels. Here's what I had on my last Blue car.
295/50R-15 BFG Radial T/A on stock "87 T wheels, rolled fender lips, no spacers, dual air bags. Body and rear end were centered.
Never rubbed. 27" tall, just slightly under 10" wide, maybe 9.9ish".
I thought it looked bitchin, but in the end, it's all personal choice.

IMO, I would run any 275/50 on stock T wheel and just roll the lips with air bags. Even a M/T.

-Patrick-

DSC00542.jpg

I need a bit of help...
American Racing wheels Vectors 15x8.5 ... will they fit with a 275/60/15 M/T tire?
Do I need spacers if any?
Fenders are already rolled.

What is the back spacing on those Vectors?
That will help us help you.
Technically, they should fit if you have rolled fenders. The back spacing will tell us yes or now.

-Patrick-

5" back spacing would put the wheel and tire sidewall closer to the frame rails.
And I'm pretty sure any of the current M/T 275/60-15 tires will rub with that back spacing.
I don't even think with a 1/2" spacer, it would move the sidewall out enough to clear, because of the 8.5" size wheel.
But, there's only one way to find out and that's having a tire shop work with you and try it out.
If you had a buddy with a used M/T tire, you could trial fit maybe?

I always found 3.5" back spacing on a 8" wheel worked best with a tire that size, or a 28x10.5 slick.
4.5" back spacing on a 10" wheel with either a 28x10.5 or a 28.5x10.5 slick works too.

-Patrick-

Anyone try a 275/50/15 on a 15x8 rim? I have a pair of 15x8 Kirban/ARE GNX wheels that I was going to put a set of those on. The 255/60/15's fit perfect on a stock T-Type or GN wheel, I don't know why anyone would say they don't. Here's 255/60s on my car (lowered slightly):
View attachment 316009 View attachment 316010

Nice looking car. I had that tire on a stock GN wheel. I have it on a 15x10 GN wheel now. Real nice look.:finger: