275/50/15 Nitto tire clearance

BOP4ever

I had my new Drag Radials mounted and they damaged one arragh... So I ordered another on them .
Anyway I test fit them on the car yesterday and I have about 1/4 inch clearance on the inside to the frame. I can't quiet get my finger tips around the rear side to frame . Is this enough? I purchased some 5/16 slip on spacers and tried one and I can easily get my hand between the frame and tire . Thing is these have slotted holes and don't stay centered on the hub and I am uncomfortable with how they fit behind rim and how many threads I have left on the studs although I think that's ok really. The rim is off the centering hub too and although it looks centered after tightening the lugs I feel uncomfortable with it.

I used a spacer like that but did not feel comfortable with the number of threads I was left with so I used longer studs.The ones I used were from Napa part # 641-1581.They are 12mm1.5 x 54mm long which is almost 1/2 inch longer than stock.These worked out perfect for me and took about 15 minutes per side to change out.Don't take a chance,a wheel coming off can do alot of damage!!

Good to know! That's the size I want to run for my rear setup and was wondering how it fit and what backspacing I needed!

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396271418.630937.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396271440.365132.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1396271474.096509.jpg

I run the 275-50-15 Nittos with a stock wheel,no spacers. I have very slight contact with the frame on both sides. "Slight" meaning there is barely a mark in the undercoating,and dead equal on both sides.

If you have one of those cars that's tweaked,you might want to correct that first.

I like the look,but I will probably not get the Nitto's again. I find it easy to light them up in smoke,even at 65. I'll find a softer compound next time.

I do run the pressure high (28 or so). But if I run less air,the corners can be sketchy. ...like towing a heavy trailer around a corner.

Last edited:
i have no rub issues at all even with street or race air psi diffrence, i do agree they roast very easy but what tire wouldnt behing a stout boosted buick lol

i have no rub issues at all even with street or race air psi diffrence, i do agree they roast very easy but what tire wouldnt behing a stout boosted buick lol

A wrinkle-wall that lasts about 1,000 miles before it has to be replaced? lol

Just watch out when you try blasting around a tight exit ramp!

I have BFG drag radials 275/50/15 on 15x8 Welds with 3.5" back spacing with no rub issues. Can't fit a finger between tire and frame rail but no issues

Thanks I'm going to run it .
Gaps are equal on both sides at least so the body seems centered .

i also ran bfg's 275-50 prior to my nittos, the nittos arent quite as wide but close, they have less roll to the sidewall than the bfg's but good clearence