26 gallon oiless compressor with hvlp gun good for painting doors,hood,shell seperate

85begalttype

just a v6
My gf bought me a compressor last year. 26 gallon oiless, i think rated at 3.4cfm at 90psi. i dont want to buy another compressor for this one paint job.
i have a devilbiss hvlp spray gun. I have the car stripped with the doors off, trunk lid,, fenders, hood. Would this little compressor be good enough to paint the shell? shouldnt take too long to shoot the paint. i also have a old craftsman 13gal compressor. could i "tee" them together? im doing a budget build and most of the money left will be towards paint, i cant buy a larger better compressor for one project.

Hook the tanks together. Make sure you have an inline filter. Wear some earplugs because that compressor is one loud sumb!tch:biggrin: With that gun that compressor will work fine by itself but hooking the tanks together will give you more volume. good luck

Hook the tanks together. Make sure you have an inline filter. Wear some earplugs because that compressor is one loud sumb!tch:biggrin: With that gun that compressor will work fine by itself but hooking the tanks together will give you more volume. good luck

Tank size has nothing to do with Output. It's all in the compressor.

My gf bought me a compressor last year. 26 gallon oiless, i think rated at 3.4cfm at 90psi. i dont want to buy another compressor for this one paint job.
i have a devilbiss hvlp spray gun. I have the car stripped with the doors off, trunk lid,, fenders, hood. Would this little compressor be good enough to paint the shell? shouldnt take too long to shoot the paint. i also have a old craftsman 13gal compressor. could i "tee" them together? im doing a budget build and most of the money left will be towards paint, i cant buy a larger better compressor for one project.
cfm seems quite a bit low....the least you shuld have is a 11cfm compressor.you can have all the psi in the world,but if the tool need more than the rated cfm of the compressor(problems)orange peel(not enough cfm)to properly atomize the paint,fisheye,moisture problems...from the compressor running to much and trying to keep up with the rated cfm of the tool....thus the compressor head getting hotter than normal and createing a host of problems...

I would hook the tanks together. Thats almost a 40 gallon tank with both combined depending on the line that connects them. I dont know how to figure it out but if the compressor is 3.4 cfm at 90 psi what is the cfm at 30 psi ? I painted a 65 impala with a 15 gallon 3hp compressor and an old style gun. A hvlp gun uses alot less pressure than and old style cup gun. high volume low pressure . Just use a filter at the compressor with desicant in it and also get a filter at the gun. The more the compressor runs the more moisture it will produce from so drain the filter often. You should be fine with what you have.