25505553 4.1 ID help please

86bluet-type

I am purchasing this engine. It was rebuilt and has sat. I really just need to see if anything stands out from the pictures here. I intend to throw a roller cam and some Champion irons at it but am curious what else I should be concerned with here. I’m really curious about the piston ID and rods as well as crank.

Attachments

• IMG_2239.png
    IMG_2239.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2243.jpeg
    IMG_2243.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2242.jpeg
    IMG_2242.jpeg
    276.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2245.jpeg
    IMG_2245.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2246.jpeg
    IMG_2246.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2247.jpeg
    IMG_2247.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2248.jpeg
    IMG_2248.jpeg
    461.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2238.png
    IMG_2238.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 71
It will be fine after a heat cycle. Lol
I’m really curious about the piston ID and rods as well as crank.
From the looks of the shit on the pan rail, I'd be very skeptical until I disassembled it.
But, if you are sure a heat cycle will take care of all that, why ask?
Just spend the bucks and carry on.

I'd pull some caps. The assembly lube used can contain/trap moisture and cause journal corrosion. I know this specifically from experience.

I’m really curious about the piston ID and rods as well as crank.
From the looks of the shit on the pan rail, I'd be very skeptical until I disassembled it.
But, if you are sure a heat cycle will take care of all that, why ask?
Just spend the bucks and carry on.
I guess my sarcasm didn’t compute. Of course it’s coming apart…..
My question was just if anyone saw anything about the internals from the pictures IE: maybe if there was anything aftermarket or if the rods and pistons appeared to be stock or the crank?

From pics, stock buick V6 rods with very clean looking SPS bolts which makes me think they were replaced, ARP main studs with stock main caps, and aftermarket pistons (most likely cast or hypers). Hope that helps

Given some posters in the past and your a new member it could have been serious reply LOL. Ill lookout for your SARCASM in the future.
If the rusty block in the first pic is it before machine work and rebuild Its the late model with Knock provisions , making it a very desirable block.
Crank appears to be aftermarket, it has good hardware, Good pan with baffle.
If you decide you don't want it I would like to have it. I can let it set in a engine stand in the Arizona sun for a day then install it the next.