255/60 Mickey Thompson drag radials

counterman

Guys, I am planning on getting a set of drag radials for my GN once I get my transmission back into this thing. I am running 235/60 Goodyear Eagle street tires right now, but they are useless under boost. I see that plenty of you are running the 275/60 on these cars, but they are a tight fit in a stock wheelwell. Are any of you running the 255/60 r15 M/T instead? It is about one inch shorter than the 275/60, and about 1/2 inch narrower. They are 27 inches tall, versus 26 for the stock tire. Any pics of the 255/60's? I am running Weld Pro Stars in 15x8, and I have both 3.5 and 4.5 backspace to choose from. I think the 3.5 wheel wil be the ticket with the 255 tire. Thanks, Counterman.

I have a set of MT 255/60/15's on stock T wheels. These tires are fantastic. I've run 1.68 second 60' times on this tires with basically a stock car. They fit perfect on these wheels - no rub or clearance issues to body / frame. Just don't drive them in the rain.

Craig

I am currently using a set of MT 255/60 on 15x8 prostars, they are great tires that fit perfectly in the wheel well. My best 60' so far is a 1.55 with a light launch.

Thanks, guys. I have a pair on the way. They were on backorder forever, but supplies have apparently materialized in the last month or so. I am going to use the 3.5 backspace Welds with the tires, and I should have good clearance with the wheel lip, and the frame will not be an issue. Thanks, Counterman.

I run them on stock 15x7 GN rim, fit with no problem and hook very well. could gets pics if you would like..