24 row Mease intercooler results

Corky Bell in "Maximum Boost" agrees with my assessment of the two types of heat exchangers. It is true that the plate type has lower pressure rating, but we're talking about low pressures. 25, or 30, or 35 psi is pretty low pressure for a fluid system, even air to air. Most of the "extruded tube" exchangers have a pretty poor entrance factor, because the tubes protrude past the tube sheet. A shell-and-tube heat exchanger with the tubes FLUSH with the tube sheet will have significantly lower pressure drop, because of a more favorable entrance factor. I remember somebody writing about going into his IC and filling in around the tube ends (maybe with JB weld?) and gaining a pound or so of boost.

I havent seen anyone post that there running over a low 35 psi boost pressure. Ill be buying one in july for my hybrid it will be much easier to fit compared to the front mounts

AL GORE INVENTED THE INTERCOOLER FAN

Originally posted by DR.BOOSTER

I also read that MPE is now using or experimenting with a fan.

The fan would kill the heat soak and level the playing field against an FMIC.

Good call on introducing the fan Keith!! It will be worth it.

Gee, the '86 TR came out Fall '85, 19 years ago, with an IC fan! Guess GM missed the patent was already filed in Joisey by a 5 year old welder! LOL!! :D

All kidding aside, many people over the last two decades have removed the factory IC fan, and attached electric units of varying sizes.
Results? NO perceptible improvement on temps, plus you've just added an additional drain on the electrical system for nothing.

No need to try and "re-invent" what is VERY old news.

Re: AL GORE INVENTED THE INTERCOOLER FAN

Originally posted by Turbonics
...... many people over the last two decades have removed the factory IC fan, and attached electric units of varying sizes.

Results? NO perceptible improvement on temps, plus you've just added an additional drain on the electrical system for nothing.
Generally. I would agree with what you said.:)

However, when I install Keith's fan to go with the 24 row I/C, we will have recorded data of exactally what happens to intake air temp in the manifold, as compared to w/o a fan and a front mount.

Just my opinion, the the fan will be a significant improvement as Keith's core is much different and thicker that the stock one. Whatever is is, I will post is. Maybe next week?

"Gee, the '86 TR came out Fall '85,"

That was the point of my post 2 pages ago. The fan has to be worth something or Buick would not of wasted money and engineering time to go through with it back in '86.

"Results? NO perceptible improvement on temps" "for nothing"

I guess we should all remove our radiator fans because some people think that drawing 1300 cfm of air through a core is not worth it.:rolleyes:

ya haha i have a FMR, front mount radiator. too bad when i get a FMIC it'll be a interheater, hahaha. go FMIC's!!! didnt a lot of old cars had things on them that seemed to work at the time but were found to be crappy ideas. like tall, thin tires for traction or that car/boat thing or something.

I have been trying to get in touch with him for almost 2 months. Lotsa emailing and phoning, but no luck either.........
I would love to have my downpipe as well.:)

This is pretty strange, seeing all these guys looking for their product from Keith, I thought Keith was dealing strictly with "his" vendors?

If I knew who his vendors were, maybe we could contact him through them.... By the way, Im getting my ic fixed, not buying one... :(