231 hot air cam

gsbuick65

what cam would be a good one for my motor? i've got tomco injectors with a green stripe, a water cooled turbo, did alittle head porting on the exhaust. have a bigger down pipe that i can put on too. :)

cam

cam should be the last thing on your mind there is alot more you can do to your car before you go with a cam.

well since i had to replace the block because of spun cam bearing i'd fiqure i put one in, since i gotta buy one. gonna put a double roller chain on too. what would you recommend I start with?

nick

Give nick micale a call on the cam tell him brent sent you. im sure he will hook you up with a good cam to fit your combo. i just talked to him today about a cam for my hotair and droped some parts off. i would go with a roller if i had the money but im not since im limited on funds. anyways his website is arizonagn.com is phone # is listed as well.

well since i had to replace the block because of spun cam bearing i'd fiqure i put one in, since i gotta buy one. gonna put a double roller chain on too. what would you recommend I start with?

What is your goal?

just want to make alittle more power, think i might go with the comp 206.

Go BIG on a HA, since you are changing cams anyway.
Try a split duration cam, proven, especially on a HA.
You need to make up for the "lack of IC" somehow. :biggrin:
Search the HA forum.

I run a 212/212 and idle is fine @825rpm, passed emissions with a std TT chip, got 26mpg hyway. If I knew then what I know today, I would have gone a little bigger/spilt duration/higher lift. But hindsight is 20/20. :rolleyes:

will a 208-224 work with stock rockers or is there any problem going with this cam since its a 224?. i was told this is the cam to get for hotair cars

will a 208-224 work with stock rockers or is there any problem going with this cam since its a 224?. i was told this is the cam to get for hotair cars

I believe THAT to be the cam to run on a HA.
Verify the lift for stock rocker compatibility and make sur you verify piston clearance during assembly. Have not read of anyone having issues with this cam.