23 psi on my Hot-Air!!!

John84GN

Nice Monte...
Well, I just put my Adj. Fuel Press. Reg. on the car today, and set it on 42psi...put 5 gallons of 110 on the tank (it had 12 gal. of 93 already in it). I took it out for a spin, firewalled the gas pedal, and sure enough the boost gauge hit 22 psi with not a single l.e.d. on the knock guage lit except the one in the center! I was like...:eek: I hit 23 psi, and the first 2 l.e.d.'s came on, and I backed off it. I didn't know that my little Hot-Air could do that...I was STUNNED!

It's almost like this is not a good thing, it's so different from the way it was...b/c before the adj. fuel press. reg. I could only run about 14-15 psi w/o knock, and only about 16-17 psi even w/ the 110...

Um... is this OK?!? I knew the adj. fuel press. reg. would help but O MY GOD :eek:

Anyway, the car is truly a bullet know, for what it is, I am amazed! Even my friend were like....WOW.

John

I remeber the day I put my first tank of 110 in. It was like adding 100 hp easy. I didnt want to put the sh*t gas back in it. So little by little the mods started.

Don't worry about how much boost you run, as long as it's not knocking, you're ok. For what it's worth, the hotairs, at least mine and my dad's could run more boost in hotair form, before he converted his and before I added an intercooler. 23psi is about as far as you can go and still make more power with the stock turbo though. It won't hurt you but probably won't go any faster either. Glad it's running good.

I suppose you should start saving for a new set of head gaskets soon. Don't want to sound negative, but with the higher cylinder preassure........................... Got to go Later...Danny

Why should he worry about headgaskets if he's got a tankful of 98 oct. and no knock? Sounds like the car is doin pretty good, imo.

Headgaskets aren't going anywhere. The 86-87 composite gaskets will go into the 10s. His car is in the 13s at best and the steel shims will take more abuse than the composites.