22psi with street tune

ttypewhite

This is the boost and tune I run on the street minus slicks and open exhaust. I launched at 13psi. I found that my car runs better through the exhaust. Car ran 10.14@131mph

70GTQ
Razor's dual nozzle alky
83lb
PTE front mount
Precsion upper
Champion ported stock lower intake
T&D's
218/224 hyd roller
GN1's
ATR headers
Fast bank to bank
Stock crank and rods with J&E pistons .30
Steal caps
T400 w/brake ATI convertor

YouTube - 22 psi run

Thats awesome, what kind of boost and timing are you running?

I saw your other youtube video, that red vette is sick, what size turbo is on that car??

BW

I was running 22psi that spiked to 23 in top gear at 18 degrees of timing. That red vette is a friend of mine. Its a 400 cubic inch motor with a 100mm turbo at low boost. He is just learning how to drive it (new set up).

nice times man.. glad you having good luck on the DR's.. the last time i ran the car about a month ago i tried the DR's.. it ran 10.60's at 137mph LOL 2.0 60 ft's..

nice times man.. glad you having good luck on the DR's.. the last time i ran the car about a month ago i tried the DR's.. it ran 10.60's at 137mph LOL 2.0 60 ft's..

No DR on that pass, its a MT slick with my street tune and boost. I would like to try DR's but I would need another set of 15"x10" Prostars to mount them.

Mike,

That is more impressive than your signature and that it saying a lot!
Congratulations, it is a pretty car too.

Mike,

That is more impressive than your signature and that it saying a lot!
Congratulations, it is a pretty car too.

The car worked better at lower boost levels then it did at higher ones because of leaks I could not find. The header was cracked pretty badly, but I couldn't see it because it was cracked facing the head. It looks ugly but at least you can't see it when its on the car.
Photo_092007_001.jpg

Once I buttoned that up I tried to get the boost past 25psi and still couldn't. So I removed my distributor cap and saw this. Man you can't win for trying. I am going to pull the motor within the next week and freshen everything up and weld back some material on the head. The funny thing is the car still hauls ass as long as the boost is left at 22psi.
Picture002.jpg

If those welds crack again, i could try and reweld them with some TIG. Your Car works well for cracked headers!