224/224 cam 4.1 setup E85

anders

1989 TTA
Hi
Did some tuning today and wounder what numbers you have whith this setup.
515rwhp/895 tourque at 22psi and 19 deg timing,rew limit at 5800rpm,i think my exhaust is the limit rigth now,running th400 and heavy S60(dana60)rear,calculated fwhp 600+ at engine ?

Not sure what you are seeking?

I had a similar build with a 4.1 stroker in one of my T-Types using that cam, and it was an awesome street car!

When it was first built, it had 3.73 gears, but changed to 3.42's which I liked better on the street and strip.

With e-85 we keep timing about 19 deg. at WOT,

With the 70 mm turbo in my race car, I can run 9.80 @ 135 mph with 16-18 psi boost shifting about 6800 RPM.

My car is probably heavier then your TTA!

With e-85 we keep timing about 19 deg. at WOT,

With the 70 mm turbo in my race car, I can run 9.80 @ 135 mph with 16-18 psi boost shifting about 6800 RPM.

My car is probably heavier then your TTA!
ok so you rev it that high,i set my stop at 5800 but maybe ii can get a little higher?

Using a 3192 intake and exhaust 150ish duration at .200 and 223.5@.050 ex close @ .050" 2 btdc int open @ .050" 2 atdc With a stock block and 3 bolt turbo 750+whp. Over 90lbs/min of airflow. Turbo wasn't all in but close. Engine was only 8.7:1. With more turbo and higher CR it could easily go over 1000whp. Solid lifters could be used to chop off more overlap and or lobes spread a little more to reduce overlap but spreading further reduces exhaust energy at low rpm. The exhaust pressure becomes an rpm limiter with the small stuff. The harder you work it the earlier it hits backpressure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi
Did some tuning today and wounder what numbers you have whith this setup.
515rwhp/895 tourque at 22psi and 19 deg timing,rew limit at 5800rpm,i think my exhaust is the limit rigth now,running th400 and heavy S60(dana60)rear,calculated fwhp 600+ at engine ?
Likely your hp/tq numbers are wrong because of rpm error. Should probably be more like 650hp/600tq. Id expect peak power in the 5600-5700 range and peak torque over 5200. To get 895tq at same mass flow it would be happening at around 4000rpm and you'd be driving into the converter way beyond that

Ok
It revs up very quick,therefore i set the limit to 5800 just to be safe,the engine feels alot sttonger than the the old one,same turbo but 3.8 and 212-212 cam
I have a full roller inkluding roller rockers.
Old engine has a best ET of 10.90 whith a weigth of 3615lb

Hitting rev limiters is not safe. I typically raise them to at least 800rpm than I'd ever want to be at.

This what Bison posted.......
If you are running factory ecm and
Hitting the rev limiter needlessly and dropping fuel injectors can cause bad stuff to happen on a higher power engine.....stockish type power it's not as critical..... The stock ecm drops injectors to limit the rpm.......the problem is it can affect the overall air fuel mix for all cylinders until you lift your foot.

After market management systems can control rpm by dropping the spark out which is the better way to do it providing you have the auto fuel correction set properly and know how to lift your foot.

But overall still best to never hit the limiter
Except say in the case of a broken driveline component or such.

This what Bison posted.......
If you are running factory ecm and
Hitting the rev limiter needlessly and dropping fuel injectors can cause bad stuff to happen on a higher power engine.....stockish type power it's not as critical..... The stock ecm drops injectors to limit the rpm.......the problem is it can affect the overall air fuel mix for all cylinders until you lift your foot.

After market management systems can control rpm by dropping the spark out which is the better way to do it providing you have the auto fuel correction set properly and know how to lift your foot.

But overall still best to never hit the limiter
Except say in the case of a broken driveline component or such.
This goes with TT chips?

I just swapped to a th400 and have the automatic valve body still, and im affraid to go wot and over rev if it doesnt shift soon enough.

Whats the best way to handle this?

This goes with TT chips?

I just swapped to a th400 and have the automatic valve body still, and im affraid to go wot and over rev if it doesnt shift soon enough.

Whats the best way to handle this?
You can only raise to 6375 with a chip or eliminate it. Best way is to make sure your transmission is calibrated for the use it's going to be subjected too

Ok
It revs up very quick,therefore i set the limit to 5800 just to be safe,the engine feels alot sttonger than the the old one,same turbo but 3.8 and 212-212 cam
I have a full roller inkluding roller rockers.
Old engine has a best ET of 10.90 whith a weigth of 3615lb

Sorry for my mobile dubble posting.
I have the Haltech Elite 2500 and going to set the revlimit to 6300 and go to track on saturday

Can you post your dyno curves? I'd think your cam would be capable of making power at a higher RPM.

I run the FTS 215/220 camshaft. Pretty regularly take it to 6000-6200. Rev limiter (spark type) set to 6700.