218/212

bad V6

Anyone out there running a 218/212 roller cam? How do you like it? What about the streetability of the cam?

I'm having Weber build a 247 CI motor with a 218/212 billet roller in it and was curious as to how others like this particular cam. The engine build is as follows:

girdled 109
3.625 stroke forged crank
forged Eagle 5.967 rods
Diamond pistons with Total Seal rings
.040 Cometic headgaskets
8445 ported/polished with 1.77/1.50 valves
1.65 Harland Sharp roller rockers

Hopefully it will be a good foundation to build upon. Eventually will be looking for low 10's when all of the puzzle pieces fall into place.

Pat

Just got my wre 259 cubic inch back with the 218/212 roller cam in it also gn1s with full race ports. The car runs xtra fast and I love the combo, hope yours is the same:cool:

218212 roller

I'm having the the same motor done right now also at Weber except fully ported iron heads. Jmccurdy's car will smoke tires from 55mph. You'll love it!

Sounds like a beast. When I placed the order at the beginning of December, I believe that Bryan had just hung up the phone with one of you. I think he was eloaborating on jmmccurdy's car ran and how good it was running, and how his buddy had a mishap and was talking of wanting one built also.

I've been getting together a few of the things that will be needed for the swap. And with the weather bad like it is, I'm looking for something to do. Guess that I'll start pulling the stock engine out before long.

I put a pt70 on it and all I need now is double pumper and some tires!!:biggrin:

It took them 9 months to build it but it was worth the wait. a stroked 109 block is the way to go.

weber blocks

Weber has those new gm SG1 blocks available with no core or they will build your existing 109 block. I blew my block to pieces so I had no core and just bought their new 109 block.

I put a pt70 on it and all I need now is double pumper and some tires!!:biggrin:

It took them 9 months to build it but it was worth the wait. a stroked 109 block is the way to go.

Well, I'm glad that I haven't pulled mine yet. Seems like the 70 mm turbo is the logical choice. I've been researching the fuel system, double pumper or external. I've even got most of what would be needed to make a double pumper setup, just leaning towards an external.

Weber has those new gm SG1 blocks available with no core or they will build your existing 109 block. I blew my block to pieces so I had no core and just bought their new 109 block.

Hate to hear that you scattered a motor. The new SG109 is the route I'm taking also. Figured a new block that had not been stressed would possibly hold up better than a rebuilt turbo block.