212/212 or 210/215 roller cam

J_risch

Any opinions on which cam to go with. Having motor built. eagle crank, rods and Je pistons champion ported irons and ported intake. Is one came going to be louder than the other?

With the iron heads going on, what cam company do you recomend? Comp. cams or is there another one better? thanks

no offense guys but "212/212" because of having ported heads? That makes no sense. They are both rollers and both have huge potential with a nice set of heads. either will be fine but I will be running a 210/215 in my new motor that is about to go in. I have always liked the more exhaust duration than intake, rather than the opposite or a split duration.

Trasck or street? 206 206 is recommended for the street. Larger cams will be ok on the street, however, they won't be as easy to drive.

Either will be fine, the penalty for choosing the wrong one will be 5-10 hp at the very most. The 212/212 and 210/215 are both extremely streetable. A friend with the 210/215 has about 16 lbs of vacuum at idle and it idles smooth.

I did a 212/212 when I did my spring cleaning. Back then my car was a daily driver. That cam was very streetable. I didn't notice a huge difference until after about 3k. But I did have like 3 flat lobes so..... :biggrin:

sounds like it really doesn't matter much. Is there much noise while running though. I would hate to do all this work and be annoyed by it.

Yes you will have some extra noise out of the motor. Some are worse than others. Ive had some with NO noise, some with.

sounds like it really doesn't matter much. Is there much noise while running though. I would hate to do all this work and be annoyed by it.

Noise issue seems to be touch-and-go. Go with the cam with less overall lift and / or the shallower ramp ramp rate if you want to be on the safe side. Either way expect it to be a bit noisey at first. After a 50 or 100 miles it should be relatively quiet.

I've found that valvoline 20W50 "racing oil" off the shelf is much quieter than any mineral or syn 10W30 I've tried. And it has a nice fresh bouqet when running with an open breather.:smile:

Ther are horror stories about the noise, but I think there are lots of very quiet ones out there too. My old 210/210 billet roller sounds very nice and quiet. My new build has a 215/220 FT kit going in it.