2014 Shelby GT500

I also forgot to say that the CTS-V you guys mentions also has a $16k higher sticker price than the Shelby with a full independent rear suspension and advanced magnetic ride control taken from the Corvette's. (Shelby has a base sticker of $54k)

BTW, the Shelby weighs in at 3850lbs for base car. Glass roof adds 22lbs, track pack with all coolers, extra lines and fluids about 45lbs plus the driver

Was at NED last night. A new GT500 was there. The driver sucked. 13.5 ish was his times. There was a modded CTS-V that was running 11.4s. Very much depends on the driver. I was talking to someone in the stands that said the shift gate on Mustangs is super sensitive and very easy to miss a gear. Several times that GT500 looked like it went from 1st to 4th so maybe that's the issue with why I see so many Mustang drivers miss shifts, or maybe they don't know how to shift...

My son took my 97 Cobra (someone's 80K mile garage queen, I bought it for $6K as his college car 19-20 mpg City-25 Hwy) to the track and ran 13.8's @ 104 mph on Nitto NT-05's. Pretty respectable with only having 8 passes and his first time ever at the strip (my guess is he's practicing somewhere). But he twice beat some guy in a 12-13 GT 5.0 who just could not get it down the track missing shifts both times running mid-high 14's.

Yep I agree. A 60k sled.
My tta runs low 10's. Top speed of 150 +

Guy here has a 13 gt500 with a ton of bolt on's a tune for a 100 shot
. I will admitt. Its quick
But from a light or a roll. The little v6
Whoops his ass every time.

Light to Light or from a roll to 140.
No match.
Just think of what u could build for
75 grand

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My thoughts exactly. No way I spend that kind of coin for a car I could build better for less. Plus, I just can't drive what everyone else is driving, I just can't. I actually had a car full of college kids (I live here in Gatorville FL, University of Florida) ask me about the T at a red light and could I please gas on it for them. The guy had his cute girlfriend ask me questions about the car with Q's from him and then he and his buddies wanted to see it go so she asked that too hoping I would not refuse her, he was right. But that's the point of owning these things right?

Mikey

Ya, the other night there were plenty of 5.0s too. Most were mid to low 13s. Many, many missed shifts. As far as the GT500 goes, I've seen plenty of very fast ones. Mucho money spent too. Consistency is a big problem for the fast ones from what I see. Low 10s one run, high 11s next. All the new cars now days are much better handlers and brakers than 80s era stuff unless you do significant mods. With those mods though you have acceleration and handling. And best for me, an automatic transmission.

I was in the lane next to the GT500 last week. He ran a 12.60ish at 119. I was psyched that I would have beaten him if my PCV and MAP sensor hoses hadn't come off 100 feet out.

Pretty poor performance for 662HP.

I was in the lane next to the GT500 last week. He ran a 12.60ish at 119. I was psyched that I would have beaten him if my PCV and MAP sensor hoses hadn't come off 100 feet out.

Pretty poor performance for 662HP.

It all depends on the driver! There are guys running 11.2's in 100% bone stock cars on the $hitty stock Goodyear tires. I always love the "I could'a, should'a, would'a". Maybe you would have but didn't.

Eric, his earlier runs were in the 13s. You were neck and neck until you stopped making power. Too bad your line blew, that would have made a great race.

It all depends on the driver! There are guys running 11.2's in 100% bone stock cars on the $hitty stock Goodyear tires. I always love the "I could'a, should'a, would'a". Maybe you would have but didn't.

All the power in the world is useless if you can't figure out how to put it down.
I have no delusions about being able to beat a Shelby with a capable driver. My GN is a slug compared to most of them in this part of the country.
I just love the guys who have a ton of $$, go out and buy the baddest car they can find, get a vanity plate that says "662HP", take the car to the track expecting to run a good number, and fail miserably. There was a guy a couple months ago that trailered his brand new ZL1 Camaro to the track, and ran 13s.

Do not know many new Buick drivers who on their first couple of times out ran perfectly. I know I did not and there were probably 10 other Buicks racing that were giving me advice. I trailer my car to the track because I can.

It all depends on the driver! There are guys running 11.2's in 100% bone stock cars on the $hitty stock Goodyear tires. ......

That is total internet BS. :(

I doubt that many owners here were at the track with their show room stock GN's with the crappy Goodyear tires 26-27 years ago when it could barely break into the 14's on a good day!

Even 10-11 years later, an 11 sec. GN was considered "fast" and no stock blocks had run into the 9's! :)

I wonder what a GN would have cost in 2013 $$$$$?

Probably more than the current Mustang or Camaro!

Hey Nick, The aboVe quote you referenced was referring to the GT 500. I think ya got mixed up in this off topic thread. I agree, there is some BS on here about the fords. I searched the internet and only Ford says the GT will hit low to lower 11's from the factory, while Road&Track and the like bested it @12.3 sec 1/4. I pretty sure it don't take 55k to hit that mark in a GN.

Here's the two guys that I was referring to. They're both over on the SVTPerfomance.com forum if you want to look them up. I think they also had video's but didn't feel like wasting time searching for them. Snorman was also a GN guy too. The only mod that they had was the Driver Mod!

Nick, I wasn't referring to a stock GN running in the 11's, not possible!

Njtony;12438852 said:
11.252@127.91 1.804 sixty Bone stock including tires
250ieys.jpg

Snorman;12569293 said:
Orlando Speedworld
December 30, 2012

Bone stock on stock Goodyear Eagle F1 Supercar tires.

RT: .256
60': 1.907
330': 5.012
1/8: 7.488
MPH: 99.07
1000': 9.607
1/4: 11.380
MPH: 127.28

timeslip1138.jpg

:lol1:
S.

Strong top hp gets it done, i wonder what tires they run. Im sure with all the after market support we'll see some ridiculous performance out of those mustangs. Gotta respect that

Hey Nick, The above quote you referenced was referring to the GT 500. I think ya got mixed up in this off topic thread. I agree, there is some BS on here about the fords. I searched the internet and only Ford says the GT will hit low to lower 11's from the factory, while Road&Track and the like bested it @12.3 sec 1/4. I pretty sure it don't take 55k to hit that mark in a GN.

Sorry, my brain is so focused on turbo Buicks it did not register properly, my bad! :(

I have seen 5.0 Mustangs run 12.90, so a new Shelby is not surprising in the 11's.

Strong top hp gets it done, i wonder what tires they run. Im sure with all the after market support we'll see some ridiculous performance out of those mustangs. Gotta respect that

The above runs were on 285/35-20 Goodyear Supercar G2's. If the air temps are anything below 60* good luck with traction on them. I've grabbed 3rd gear at about 70 and the pitched sideways. With a set of DR's and a good driver the cars should run upper 10's in stock trim.

Here's a guy that has intake tube, throttle body, under drive pulley, E85 tune, exhaust and suspension mods and has run the below times (all with stock blower & trans). I know it's a decent mod list but for an engine that has never been out of the car with factory parts & blower it's pretty damn quick. It still drives close to stock, very streetable and sees lots of street time. The car put down 786 rwhp on E85

I couldn't find the 1/4 vid but here's an 1/8th vid.

BIRDDOC;13114508 said:
BOOOOM!!!

9.86!!!

null_zps8d5d971c.jpg

I have been in both, a 6 speed CTSV and a 13 Shelby. The Shelby would destroy it in a race. I might prefer the V also but after riding in a friends Shelby at over 150 it was very impressive.

6 speed auto or 6 speed stick? I have a cts-v auto and it has beaten a local Shelby from a dig.

6 speed auto or 6 speed stick? I have a cts-v auto and it has beaten a local Shelby from a dig.

6 speed Manual, I knocked Nicks hat off when I shifted into 2nd, bring it to Phoenix then you and Joe can race when Firebird reopens.

Myself I'll never be a Mustang guy, so, IF he starts to become a threat ill just turn up the boost. Hopefully he comes around with his 03 and some cheese so I can tap that out too.

L8TRH8R
Your car is awesome. I have that copy of GMHTP. Fantastic article. Yours is one of my favorite TR's.
Awesome kill.

I thought this was a Buick forum?

Buicks are a ton of fun - but sometimes ya gotta open your eyes. The new Shelbys are no joke. FAST car all around with way more potential mod for mod, albeit with a $55k price tag. Sure we can easily build something that beats it in the 1320 for less $, but to build something all around that does exactly what it does with every day driver ability would be tough, even for $55k!

The Buick is a great car because of the "cool" factor and challenge of tuning a V6 to do what it should never be able to do in a 3600lb brick with a 10-body trunk.