2014 Shelby GT500

L8TRH8R

Saturday I had the day off so I used the free time to run some errands. As I was leaving my buddies shop I see behind me a brand new all black Shelby GT500. I'm quite a bit ahead so I just cruise at the speed limit as I see him weaving in traffic e trying to get to the front. (My car is pretty well known in town as I have the only turbo Regal around AND it's fairly fast.) as fate would have it, light turns red, so, he takes the vacant lane beside me....
As the light turns green he takes off I slowly roll into it staying at his side, until, 8psi two black marks and the old Mickey's were screaming bloody murder. Put a quick 5 cars on him and get off it. Of course like a classic Mustang guy he goes flying by... For as much as these things cost I was extremely disappointed in its showing. I'm sure he felt the same!!!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Good kill on a over rated glorified mustang. Those things are sooo popular around here, and for the money you could have a cts V, of which is an all around faster/better car.

Good kill on a over rated glorified mustang. Those things are sooo popular around here, and for the money you could have a cts V, of which is an all around faster/better car.

The CTS/V is a great car but how is it faster with 556bhp vs 662bhp and most likely heavier with the power disadvantage? Not trying to argue but the math isn't there.

I have been in both, a 6 speed CTSV and a 13 Shelby. The Shelby would destroy it in a race. I might prefer the V also but after riding in a friends Shelby at over 150 it was very impressive.

Eh didn't realize they up'd the power that much in the ford. Thought is was 540ish. I guess that goes to show the more i don't care for them. Still just a Mustang, and i know the V is track tuned. After a couple videos and some research, the two are pretty close, more so than before the mustrag is a little faster and has the larger supercharger. The V is a sport luxury car, and the other a sports car with super car dreams. It appears Ford just wanted to be able to say they have the most powerful production can available out of the US, beating the ZR1's 638hp, and the Viper's monster naturally aspirated 8.4L V10 with 640hp. Gotta love the Viper, and its good to see all the horse power coming from North America.

He made sure to tell me he had an 03 that's faster. Told him cool bring them both and let's put some skin in the game, no response.

He made sure to tell me he had an 03 that's faster. Told him cool bring them both and let's put some skin in the game, no response.

Did you follow him and chat in a parking lot or something? Or did he yell that out the window with his fist pumping as he flew by?

He buys all his audio equipment from us, we put some Focal K2's, JL free air subs & Rev 8's in his new Natique.

Good kill.

Couple of years ago had a new Shelby want a piece of my T on the way to work. Three lanes, complete rush hour mayhem and this morooon wants to race. I just smiled and waved as "he beat me" in a 100 yard race off the light to the next group of cars. I really wanted that stang too but.....

Mikey

My car is running 22.5 psi at 24 I went 10.50 so it's a pretty mean set up right now. There aren't too many around here that are going to mess with me in the street.

Was at NED last night. A new GT500 was there. The driver sucked. 13.5 ish was his times. There was a modded CTS-V that was running 11.4s. Very much depends on the driver. I was talking to someone in the stands that said the shift gate on Mustangs is super sensitive and very easy to miss a gear. Several times that GT500 looked like it went from 1st to 4th so maybe that's the issue with why I see so many Mustang drivers miss shifts, or maybe they don't know how to shift...

I was talking to someone in the stands that said the shift gate on Mustangs is super sensitive and very easy to miss a gear.

Is it the same T-56 that was in the 03? I don’t ever remember missing a gear. That tranny could take a beating as well.
I’d have to say it’s driver error.
I’ve had some tough transmissions in the past but after a while you start to learn it’s technique and shift as fast as an automatic.

D

Did a quick Google search for GT500 shift problems and many Ford boards came up with trans issues. Don't know if it's the same tranny but seems like it may not be up to snuff.

Oh I see. I do miss my 03. With a few add ons that car was a monster!

D

I've got a '13 Gt500 and an '87 GN (well, actually the wife's). With a few very minimal mods the '13/'14's will easily run 10 sec et's in the mid 130's with a sticky tire. When I say minimal, I'm talking an intake tube, throttle body, underdrive pulley and a tune. All can be had for about $2k or better if you shop around. The wifes car should potentially be capable of upper 10 sec et's and will get the Shelby from a dig but start getting up in the mph and the GT500 will easily walk it. I've been able to beat stock Z06's and keep up with some high end Porsche's and beat others all for less money than the above mentioned.

There have been bone stock GT500's on stock tires running 11.2's & 11.3's @ 128+mph. I will admit a worked over GN will surely be quicker from light to light but go for more than a light and see what the outcome will be. The Shelby's are very traction limited with stock tires and very tricky to launch well. I've been able to pull a 4.1 0-60 on stock tires without heating them up (tests claim 3.5).

My car, bone stock, put down 609rwhp with a 5yr/60,000 mile warranty. You have to admit that's pretty damn impressive for a stock car. With the above mentioned mods the car will easily put down 700+ rwhp on pump 91 gas, no meth or any other additives. While I love the GN it is more of a one trick pony when compared to my Shelby. Trust me, I love to go fast in a straight line (own a 9 sec Fox) but to have a car that is capable of keeping up with some exotics thru the curves, a lot of them on the straights and all for less money is very appealing! I would seriously hope that your mid 10 sec GN should be able to whoop most Shelby's light to light but run into one that's been modded with a good driver don't be too surprised if the outcome is different.

BTW, the Shelby has a Tremac TR-6060 trans with a dual disc clutch. Driver makes a huge difference on how well the trans performs.

Saturday I had the day off so I used the free time to run some errands. As I was leaving my buddies shop I see behind me a brand new all black Shelby GT500. I'm quite a bit ahead so I just cruise at the speed limit as I see him weaving in traffic e trying to get to the front. (My car is pretty well known in town as I have the only turbo Regal around AND it's fairly fast.) as fate would have it, light turns red, so, he takes the vacant lane beside me....
As the light turns green he takes off I slowly roll into it staying at his side, until, 8psi two black marks and the old Mickey's were screaming bloody murder. Put a quick 5 cars on him and get off it. Of course like a classic Mustang guy he goes flying by... For as much as these things cost I was extremely disappointed in its showing. I'm sure he felt the same!!!

Yep I agree. A 60k sled.
My tta runs low 10's. Top speed of 150 +

Guy here has a 13 gt500 with a ton of bolt on's a tune for a 100 shot
. I will admitt. Its quick
But from a light or a roll. The little v6
Whoops his ass every time.

Light to Light or from a roll to 140.
No match.
Just think of what u could build for
75 grand