2011 Stang

JimP

I took my GN out of storage today. On the way home I was on Pinecrest for anyone who knows Ottawa Ont. A new 5.0 with a dealer plate is coming off the highway. Being a courteous driver I changed lanes to facilitate them merging into traffic. Low and behold we get the next light at Pinecrest and Queensview. Not the best spot, kind of uphill but no traffic either. Anyway I do a quick glance over, see the driver and I guess salesman occupying the passenger seat, both smiling, salesman yapping about something. I hear the revs come up a bit on the Mustang so I engage the transbrake. I let him go first, then I launch at 5psi and take 5 car lengths like it was owed to me, the ET streets tattooing the pavement the whole way. Once I hit midway second gear I let off. I could hear the stang revving and bang a gear so I know he tried. Anyway it was fun, the right leg was shaking a bit after that. I don't normally do this kind of stuff, but it was fun. Can't help but wonder what the other guy was thinking after getting spanked. I love my GN!

he probally said thats a buick????? great story man... enjoyed reading it. i love when the honda boys pull up next to you with a ricer and swear there gonna blow your doors off. but they soon learn the truth... but any way good story man.

he went out to get a price on the new turbo buick instead...lol....

Better yet, I wondering what the salesman was thinking? LOL Thanks for sharing.

Excellent work! Cobra's & Shelby's are my favorite kills...Ate me a new Shelby about 2 weeks ago, sure was pretty :D

Those are some of the best kinds of kills...new buyer....salesman thinking the car is all hot and he's gonna show the buyer what a mean car he's about to buy and then.....a Turbo Buick taps him with a kill shot......:D

Good kill!

I bet that sale fell through. Kid probably didn't have enough credit anyways.

By the way, are you running ET Street Radials, or the ET Street slicks? A 5psi launch on the street is impressive traction!

I bet that sale fell through. Kid probably didn't have enough credit anyways.

By the way, are you running ET Street Radials, or the ET Street slicks? A 5psi launch on the street is impressive traction!

I'm running the E.T. Streets. Currently a 275/50/15. I did however just buy a set of Nitto 555R's in a 275/60/15 (not yet installed). The car hooks pretty good as it is but it's always on the verge of breaking loose. When ever I get on it I always see lines left on the pavement, I'm just glad the tires don't squeal. I hope I can say the same for the Nitto's.

Below is a Pic of what's on there now, minus the tread.

Attachments

• rear.JPG
    rear.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 382
Good kill...

Well told too. Can't help but feel sorry for the poor sales guy, who had been talking his @$$ off to the driver about the great "performance" of the new stang. Only to have sand kicked all over it, by a six banger, grandpa's car.:eek::D

Well done...

Mike Barnard

I'm running the E.T. Streets. Currently a 275/50/15. I did however just buy a set of Nitto 555R's in a 275/60/15 (not yet installed). The car hooks pretty good as it is but it's always on the verge of breaking loose. When ever I get on it I always see lines left on the pavement, I'm just glad the tires don't squeal. I hope I can say the same for the Nitto's.

Below is a Pic of what's on there now, minus the tread.

The Nitto's will last longer...but won't hook as good. You'll like them tho'

Nice Kill. Be careful with those new 5.0's. Intake and a tune and they are pulling high 11's @117-118 on street tires. Still no match for a GN out of the hole but from a roll they may surprise you.

Be careful with those new 5.0's. Intake and a tune and they are pulling high 11's @117-118 on street tires

Wow, thats really impressive....I had no idea they ran that good that easily. Amazing what a difference between the 4.6 to the 5.0...they sure bring back some good memories w/ the "5.0" on the side :biggrin:

Wow, thats really impressive....I had no idea they ran that good that easily. Amazing what a difference between the 4.6 to the 5.0...they sure bring back some good memories w/ the "5.0" on the side :biggrin:

Odd tho'...a stock GT500 with all it's dyno power still can't manage better than a mid to low 12....

Odd tho'...a stock GT500 with all it's dyno power still can't manage better than a mid to low 12....

The 11 gt500 is a land yacht. 3935 lbs. Thats 100 lbs less than the 2010 gt500's. The gt comes in at 3650. Thats where the big difference comes in. With the tune and intake on my 5.0 i will gain around 35-40 rwhp putting me around 390 to the wheels.

The 11 gt500 is a land yacht. 3935 lbs. Thats 100 lbs less than the 2010 gt500's. The gt comes in at 3650. Thats where the big difference comes in. With the tune and intake on my 5.0 i will gain around 35-40 rwhp putting me around 390 to the wheels.

Yup...the GT500's are fat bottom'd girls.

I'm not sure what process Ford follows when publishing their curb weights...they're all over the place it seems.

Buddy of mine has an 05 GT that he sent to Saleen and they installed a Saleen supercharger kit on it. His door jam sticker says the thing weighs 3900+ as I recall....that was before the SC kit was intalled...:eek:

I'd also have a hard time understanding where the 300lb difference between a 2011 GT and GT500 would come in from...other than the SC (which does not weigh 300lbs), there isn't that much if a difference between them in terms of equipment is there?

All this 'Stang talk is getting me jumpy....gotta go hunting this weekend w/ the new Mickey 295/55/15's....they fit!! Got more traction too (time to crank the boost....cant have traction :D )