2011 Mustang 5.0 Coming!!

tomcatturbo

Still 50 zillion on the road and everyone behind the wheel of one thinks they got the feschnizzle.

All it will do its put more low performance drivers behind the wheel.

It looks great, but that horsepower and tq curve probably looks like a honda civic.

Nothing down low, and wakes up at 5000rpm.

The v6 will have 305 horsepower :)

BW

They should have come with this new motor from the beggining of the latest chassis. I have had my share of mod motors and how much they cost to make go fast, my focus these days is on my GN and my pushrod 5.0. Its like the pc world with the mustang now, wait a couple of weeks and they'll have something new. I hate to say this since I own one but I have to agree with mcasteel you cant throw a rock without hitting 30 of them.

Now, it's time to pick a color for the new 2011 Mustang- I like still like Black... I wonder why?

Black is beautiful, except it's always so tough to keep clean though..

The Kona Blue is nice.

The 5.0 runs between 12.7-13.0 stock at over 110MPH.
Not a lot of cheaper street cars with do that on 19inch real "street" tires.

The 3.7 runs 13.7-14.0 at around 104MPH.

With the 3 year old and my wife expecting this car is not for me,
but the v6 with 31MPG would have been a nice driver...

The Mustang is just playing catch up to the Camaro... the Camaro 1SS is the best performance bargain on the planet.

But since roughly 0.001% of buyers cross shop Mustangs and Camaros there's no real point in mentioning that.

Still a POS Ford product in the end. They changed that body style last year and made it more ricer and fugly looking that's for sure!

2011 Chevy Camaro V6 Boosts Power To A Mustang-Spanking 312 HP - High school girls and rental fleets everywhere were positively giddy when it was announced the 2011 ‘Stang would have 305 HP, one more than the 2010 Camaro. Now, with 312 HP, the ‘Maro makes seven more HP than the Ford.(Jalopnik)

Not that impressive, I beat one (Shelby GT 500 09'-10') just recently at the TB.com Nats. It was the blue one and it was manual shift and with over 500hp I still managed to stay out front with a little TE-44 turbo and 20lbs of boost!!! :biggrin: And I was on my street tires too!! ;)

SW.

I guess I'm just a car lover and not a GM only fanboy, but I'm excited about it.

I don't know why people say the new Camaro is a bargain or that the Ford is a POS. I drove a new SS and the interior fit wasn't the best and while it's improved over old Camaros you still had cheap plastic buttons and feel and this was a 44k car.

I guess I'm just a car lover and not a GM only fanboy, but I'm excited about it.

I don't know why people say the new Camaro is a bargain or that the Ford is a POS. I drove a new SS and the interior fit wasn't the best and while it's improved over old Camaros you still had cheap plastic buttons and feel and this was a 44k car.

The outside of the camaro is beautiful.....The inside is cheap like bishir said!!
Very disappointing!!

I have both an 03 supercharged Cobra and a GN. I have nothing bad to say about either. I love all muscle cars as long as there not rice.

BTW mcssteel2112, not all Mustang drivers are low performance drivers. Thanks for the nice comment.:rolleyes:

I owed about a half dozen Ford products over the years. They were all a heaping pile of $hit all in their own special way. I wanted to drive each and everyone of them thru the dealers front window. I will never own a Ford product again even if that pos was 800 HP and sold for 100 bucks.

I own 4 GM's a Toyota and a Honda. The only thing I go to the shop for is oil change and inspections. (Well the GN's made me cry a few times that's for sure!) That is why I don't own Ford products. So I'm not only a GM lover I love Toyota and Honda as well. :D

The Camaro just passed the Crapstang in sales by 624 units. This is the first time Camaro outsold the Crapstang since the late 80's! Also... The Flat Rock Mustang assembly plant is laying off 2300 workers because of the new competition they expect and are seeing from the Camaro. The Crapstang is loaded with cheap plastic buttons just like every other car out there. If I jump in a V6 daily driver Crapstang at the dealer or if I buy a Shelby GT 500 it's the same crap plastic buttons in those too.

The main issue and it's with just about any American car manufacture is they want you to buy this crap and drive the hell out of it for 4 years, trade it in, and do it all over. They are in business to sell cars not to make them a collector car that will sit on the shelf forever. Nothing lasts on these new cars. All of them have cheap plastic everything. I have a friend that put 300K on his Toyota. Oil change and tires is all he did in that time. If that was any American car it would have needed 3 transmissions, and engine replaced at least once, and a laundry list of other stupid crap replaced and or fixed. So you take all that and the fact that I hate Ford in general you see where I'm coming from. I buy and drive what works, last's, and gives me the least drama in my life. Then again I thing the Crapstang looks like a cheap pile of ricer $hit compared to the looks and design of the Camaro.

Ford was the only auto manufacture I ever owned that left my a$$ stranded on the side of the road MANY MANY times for many different reasons. I never had a GM, Toyota, and or Honda leave me on the side of the road ever in all my years of driving. So F the Crapstang and F Ford! :biggrin:

I own 4 GM's a Toyota and a Honda. The only thing I go to the shop for is oil change and inspections. (Well the GN's made me cry a few times that's for sure!) That is why I don't own Ford products. So I'm not only a GM lover I love Toyota and Honda as well. :D

The Camaro just passed the Crapstang in sales by 624 units. This is the first time Camaro outsold the Crapstang since the late 80's! Also... The Flat Rock Mustang assembly plant is laying off 2300 workers because of the new competition they expect and are seeing from the Camaro. The Crapstang is loaded with cheap plastic buttons just like every other car out there. If I jump in a V6 daily driver Crapstang at the dealer or if I buy a Shelby GT 500 it's the same crap plastic buttons in those too.

The main issue and it's with just about any American car manufacture is they want you to buy this crap and drive the hell out of it for 4 years, trade it in, and do it all over. They are in business to sell cars not to make them a collector car that will sit on the shelf forever. Nothing lasts on these new cars. All of them have cheap plastic everything. I have a friend that put 300K on his Toyota. Oil change and tires is all he did in that time. If that was any American car it would have needed 3 transmissions, and engine replaced at least once, and a laundry list of other stupid crap replaced and or fixed. So you take all that and the fact that I hate Ford in general you see where I'm coming from. I buy and drive what works, last's, and gives me the least drama in my life. Then again I thing the Crapstang looks like a cheap pile of ricer $hit compared to the looks and design of the Camaro.

Ford was the only auto manufacture I ever owned that left my a$$ stranded on the side of the road MANY MANY times for many different reasons. I never had a GM, Toyota, and or Honda leave me on the side of the road ever in all my years of driving. So F the Crapstang and F Ford! :biggrin:
Just dont park anything in front of your Toyota in case the throttle sticks:eek::biggrin:!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW i dont like mustangs either actually i think its that 90% of thier owners are huge jacka$$es,and the fact that i cant drive a two mile stretch in my town without seeing 10 of them...

Not really on either side here as I own both Ford and GM products, but how many of you bashing the new Mustangs and their interiors etc, have actually been in one? The 2010 + Stangs have some of the nicest interiors out there, especially the GT Premium with the two-tone leather suede seats. The radio and HVAC controls are light years ahead of the Camaro. And as far as the exterior, the Mustang wins hand down, the new Camaro might be the gayest vehicle available today, with the exception of Honda's and Toyota's:D

Not really on either side here as I own both Ford and GM products, but how many of you bashing the new Mustangs and their interiors etc, have actually been in one? The 2010 + Stangs have some of the nicest interiors out there, especially the GT Premium with the two-tone leather suede seats. The radio and HVAC controls are light years ahead of the Camaro. And as far as the exterior, the Mustang wins hand down, the new Camaro might be the gayest vehicle available today, with the exception of Honda's and Toyota's:D

they must have done ALOT to the interior then vs the 05-09 cars....

i had an 09, owned it from new, and the interior SUCKED.
by the time it had 4k miles it was squeeking/rattling and making more noise than my buicks,
everything was cheap plastic...
the AC wasnt very cold.
the leather was like sandpaper (and i tried all the conditioning products that i found) just the opposite of soft leather.
the best stock radio (1000$+ option) was crap, had subs in the trunk, but you'd never know as it had so little bass. also the radio was geared towards hard rock/heavy metal because ANY other genre of music played through just sounded bad.
the seats were not comfortable.
car was loaded and didn't even have automatic headlights :rolleyes:

i'm not defending the camaro, but the interior and "creature comforts" that a loaded 2009 mustang had to offer were pathetic.

it was a really nice looking car though, ill give it that, but they ruined the body in 2010 with that ugly ricey rear end, and overall going away from the retro look in '10.

first and last ford for me.

Just dont park anything in front of your Toyota in case the throttle sticks:eek::biggrin:!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW i dont like mustangs either actually i think its that 90% of thier owners are huge jacka$$es,and the fact that i cant drive a two mile stretch in my town without seeing 10 of them...

Leave my sticking Toyota pedal alone! Actually don't even get me started on that scam! :eek: All I'll say is I've been keeping very close track on that issue and not once did they find a faulty pedal. The only major accident was the time with the people in the Lexus when the floor mat got stuck under the pedal! The rest of the claims are just people looking for money IMO! That pedal is on zillions of cars other then Toyota but no one else is having issues.. hmmmmm another reason we have lawyers all over.

Remind me to let you borrow my glasses next time you get in one! It's the most boring interior yet. Flat straight boring lines all over. "yawn" Can't see the gauges during the day for crap and there is just nothing to it period. The latest design even made it more like the rice. They even said they riced it up to attract the "younger" crowd. Well they failed there again as usual and only made it more ugly! Then again some people on here have no taste with cars so it's all good! :biggrin: :p Like they say there is an a$$ for every seat! :D

they must have done ALOT to the interior then vs the 05-09 cars....

i had an 09, owned it from new, and the interior SUCKED.
by the time it had 4k miles it was squeeking/rattling and making more noise than my buicks,
everything was cheap plastic...
the AC wasnt very cold.
the leather was like sandpaper (and i tried all the conditioning products that i found) just the opposite of soft leather.
the best stock radio (1000$+ option) was crap, had subs in the trunk, but you'd never know as it had so little bass. also the radio was geared towards hard rock/heavy metal because ANY other genre of music played through just sounded bad.
the seats were not comfortable.
car was loaded and didn't even have automatic headlights :rolleyes:

i'm not defending the camaro, but the interior and "creature comforts" that a loaded 2009 mustang had to offer were pathetic.

it was a really nice looking car though, ill give it that, but they ruined the body in 2010 with that ugly ricey rear end, and overall going away from the retro look in '10.

first and last ford for me.

I'm with you 100% all the way on everything you said and felt the same way with my experiences with the Crapstang. I couldn't agree more! I owned a new 91 GT for about 7 months and I pretty much told the dealer they can have their junk back. That is when I bought a brand new loaded Bronco and that too turned out to be a money pit turd all it's life. I sold that with a little over 100K on it and just about replaced everything on it that made it move!