2011 Midwest Buick Challenge - August 26-28

Dates for 2011 just got confirmed today, by Osceola Race track. Please mark your calendars. Any other info will be forthcoming.

Hotel Info:

Host Hotel - Comfort Suites
404 North Point Blvd.
Elkhart, IN 46514 - 574-206-1555
Group name - Midwest Buick Challenge
rooms are doubles - 2 queen beds - $72.24

Holiday Inn Express (right next door to above)
1-888-465-4329 - mention group Midwest Buick if you call
If you go online it's Group No. EG1
rooms are doubles - 2 queen beds - $81.70

All rooms are being held until August 5, 2011

Friday night - test and tune from 4:00 pm until dark.
Meet and Greet at Simonton Lake Drive Inn - used to be an A&W stand, so still has good root beer.

Saturday

Gates Open 8:00 am racing order as follows:
BCO Qualifying Rounds / Elimination Rounds
TSM Qualifying Rounds / Elimination Rounds
THS Qualifying Round / Elimination Rounds
Gamblers Race (open to all Buicks)
Ladies Race
Test and tune lane all day
Car Show sponsored by the Indiana Chapter

5:00 pm - pulled pork supper for $10 a person for adults, $5 for kids under 10. Pulled pork sammys, baked beans, tater salad, soda and dessert. Then back to the hotels for socializing.

Sunday

Testing and tuning with declared racing class
Quick 16 Qualifying Round
* Modified Class
* Street Class

I would stay

In mishawaka 15 minutes from track about the same as the others .. But there is so much more to do in the down time in mishawaka .. Elkhart sucks azz unless you like looking at closed down trailer factories .. Book your stay in mishawaka indiana 46545.. You'll see .. Your car will be safer for sure ... Just my 02 ..

We've stayed in Mishawaka before and I agree that there is much more to do there. But most of the time we're there the same weekend as freshman orientation weekend and the hotels there jack up their prices! I mean $175 for the Super 8????? Geez.....

Maybe if we get a weekend with nothing happening at Notre Dame in the future we'll consider it. But thanks for the heads up....

Yes

We've stayed in Mishawaka before and I agree that there is much more to do there. But most of the time we're there the same weekend as freshman orientation weekend and the hotels there jack up their prices! I mean $175 for the Super 8????? Geez.....

Maybe if we get a weekend with nothing happening at Notre Dame in the future we'll consider it. But thanks for the heads up....

ANYTHING TO DO WITH NOTRE DAME DEMANDS A HIGH PRICE .. BUT IN THE LAST FEW YEARS 18000 NEW HOTEL ROOMS HAVE BEEN BUILT HERE IN MISHAWAKA NOT TO MENTION ANOTHER 12000 IN SOUTH BEND .. SO I THINK YOU'LL FIND THE PRICES ARE IN RANGE NOW FOR AN AVERAGE FAMILY STAY .. IF ANY ONE NEEDS HELP LET ME KNOW AND MY OFFER STILL STANDS .http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/na...info/353216-midwest-buick-challenge-whos.html. BE SAFE IN YOUR TRAVELS ..

Rooms at fairfeild inn mishawaka . Two queen size beds nice rooms $79.90 plus tax .. 574-273-2202 ..

Jason has been sick and won't be at osceola. We are going to help out with the class and the payout is the same 500/1st and 300/2nd place.
JW Performance will pay the winner through paypal or personal check. We will be there when the gates open to help out. Any questions find the yellow tsm car.

Thanks to all who made this happen ..turboloyd & mrs turboloyd,ruth & tim chizum. Friday i got to run my hurst olds against some turbo buicks and gs's was a hole lot of fun then went to the drive in to meet up with some of the nicest people in our hobby. Buickruss & wife , don & his wife , we were late getting there from the track but were welcomed anyway .. Had a good time saturday with my son watching all the races .. My friend 1bad85gn & his son came out to cheer the guys on .. We both wish we had our cars right to run . But you know how that goes .. We'll get'em next year .. All& all it has been a great weekend of fun . Thanks to all the sponsers & a special thanks to paul castle & pauly his son .. Pauly got his first place showing on his 87 turbo t .. I spent two weeks working on his car to get it ready for this event .. And i told him now that i worked on it .. He would get first place for sure .. [pating myself on the back] .. Guys and gals have a safe trip home & see you at bg in a couple .. Paul the oil man

Had a Great time the short time I was there !
Great to see Kip,D-day, Walt &Tammy,Tim,Ronnie and the gang!
Thanks to the Bonecutters for the hard work great event
Good to see everyone .Back to detailing!!