2011 Buick Regal

ZOOM ZOOM

I saw one at the dealers today. Keep it in your pants, it looks just like any other plasticmobile. I could hardly tell it from the LaCrosse.

All these cars are alll the same... i couldnt find myself buying alott of these NEW cars on the market..

As long as they cling to exclusively wrong-wheel-drive, they'll get no respect. Cadillac has been reinvented with the CTS-V as the flagship and Pontiac died with it's boots on with the G8. Chevy has the Camaro back in the fold and Buick...:rolleyes:

Hello, it's not 1987 anymore.:rolleyes:

I pretty much doubt that Buick built anything interesting to most members since then. The 1997.5-2004 Regal GS was no GN but people bought them. They had 240 supercharged horses and was a pretty decent runner for its time.

Some people might just buy the new Regal GS when it comes out this Fall with 255 hp, awd and a six speed manual.

Times change.:wink:

I love the looks for a sports sedan, interior looks great. Should be a blast to drive in the Turbo version. They are supposed to be AWD on the GS.:cool:

I do own a calender but why must almost all new cars look identical?

Except for badging and a few distinctive grills, the rest of the cars are interchangable.

They all look like plastic pope mobiles

I like it. I like it better than the 97-04 version anyway. Give The General time, I'm sure they'll release a hotter version soon enough.

That being said, the new Regal is based on the European Opel/Vauxhall Insignia that has gotten rave reviews from everyone. Including the folks at Top Gear. So no, it might not be the 21st century GN we've all been hoping for, but I'm sure it'll be one helleva nice daily driver in GS configuration anyway.

For the first few waves of cars. You are getting German build Opels in Buick badges. I've heard good things about the Epsilon II frame and Opel is a good car brand. Then they will unleash the GS.

If you think about it, Regals have always been a Grandma's car. This is pretty much the reason why Turbo Buicks were considered sleepers.