200r4 transmission question

I was wondering if GN 200r4 have different parts then 200r4 from other types of cars. i was told by local transmission guy there is no difference. whats BRF and BQ mean,and whats the difference in these two as well

To my knowledge brf,Bq,transmissions are a stand alone.there are some parts you can use but not all of it. BRF came in the 86,87 turbo models Bq was a 84,85 model an I belive that's the valve body code.if im wrong someone will chime in.

Last edited:
I posted pics of SOME of the differences in this thread..

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/brf-trans-question.425275/#post-3536984

There's other differences related to calibration (Valve body, gov, servo, pump mods) and other calibrations were factory "hot rod" versions, the most common of which were the monte SS "CQ" and "CZ" calibrations which had most of the good stuff but not the batwing planetary washers.

Then theres other common codes which happen to work good for performance shift points without too many mods

One of these years, I'll put it all together in one "sticky" thread with pics. The CK book points out all the differences as well.

I would NOT trust your local trans guy to build my 2004r. Do a search on how others tried it and it just rarely works out. He might build all the local racers powerglides and th400 and they work good but a 2004r is just different. It just takes someone who knows.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Your local guy just doesn't know the difference.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk