200R4 shifting at 4800 rpm @wot, Correct Fix?

THE WRAITH

OK, I have a 200R4 that has been rebuilt. Tranny is solid with good parts but it is shifting early at 4800 RPMs. I was told that it was the gov. on the inside that needed weight added or removed depending on shift point. So, I am open to opinions and more detailed explanation. Anyone, know how much weight, guesstimation. I want it to shift at 5800. Your replies are appreciated.

OK, I have a 200R4 that has been rebuilt. Tranny is solid with good parts but it is shifting early at 4800 RPMs. I was told that it was the gov. on the inside that needed weight added or removed depending on shift point. So, I am open to opinions and more detailed explanation. Anyone, know how much weight, guesstimation. I want it to shift at 5800. Your replies are appreciated.
You need a gram scale that read to tenths. I would disassemble the governor and grind off 3.5-4 grams from the small weight and reinstall and check it again. You dont want to go too far or you need to get a new weight and start over. It may take a few tries but you should be able to get it right after a few tries. 150-200 rpm per gram removed is typical.