200R4 shift kit

Jvette73

Im gonna be going into the pan soon to adjust govenor. Im thinking of maybe installing a shift kit for faster chrispy shifts. Whats the best kit for this trans? I've installed many shift kits in th400 and th350. Is there any major differences or other points of caution with respect to installing shift kits in the 200R? This trans is not a turbo buick V/B trans. Just a standard later model 200R. Thanks for any help on the subject.

thanks Bruce, I checked out the thread and it seems like your kit is the way to go. Most likely ill be looking into getting one shortly. I noticed some of the members mentioning a change in shift points as well as shift firmness. So if I were planning on modifying the govenor in order to raise my shift points, both part and full throttle, should I wait till after I install the shift kit, and test it before messing with the govenor? Right now, if left in the O/D position, it will upshift WOT @ 4500 from 1st to 2nd, and 4000 from 2nd to 3rd. Id like to raise those automatic WOT upshift points by roughly 1000rpm. Can the kit achieve this without govenor modification? should I wait on govenor mods till after the kit is installed? The car is a 73 vette with modified 350 and 200r4 trans with 3.90 rear. Again, its not a turbo buick valve body trans, just a standard 200r4. Great trans, i love it. Im glad my bro talked me into using the 200r over the 700r. Thanks again for taking the time to share your knowledge with me. John