2004r Zero pressure.. help

elcamino383

trans has been awesome till today. its a Bow Tie Overdrives Level 3 with about 1500 miles on it. i did a WOT blast with drag radials and hooked good, immediatly after it would not shift at wot, only when you let off would it shift to the next gear. at light throddle it would drive normally. than soon after (on way home) i was crusing 55 in 3rd and all the sudden it was in neutral. i lost everything, all gears are neutral. there was no noise of any kind. fluid is full and red, trans is 150-180 degress and tv cable is fine. checked with gauge and all readings are ZERO. is the pump gone? :confused: what else could i have damaged.. any tips on pump replacement? where is it located. thank you.

Sounds like it could be the pump, you'll have to pull the trans. to get to it.
It's possible the filter could have fell out but I doubt it. At least pull the pan & check & look for debris.

First part of the problem sounds as if you lost the spring from the governor. The second part sounds like it lost the pump. If you pull the pan, you will probably find the governor spring in the bottom of the trans pan. The pump will require you to r & r the trans itself since it is at the front of the trans. More than likely you broke the rotor in the pump. Let us know what happens.

Mark

talked to you today chris, ill call tomorow and order some stuff. it was the pump. my flywheel was wobbeling about 1/16-1/8 inch.. i think that caused the pump to blow. i donno what caused the innitial non shifting at wot tho.. the gov springs are there...
gov%20close.jpg
cracked%20pump.jpg
pump%20chunks.jpg
converter%20close.jpg
converter looks good tho... :) thanks guys

i just ordered a HO pump from chris. :cool: and his manual so maybe i can put it together right this time... :biggrin:

i also packed up my converter and sent to TCI to flush and ballance :eek:

With a chrome moly gearset....

Chrome moly rotor and slide, that will NEVER happen again. Are they a little pricey,? ... Yes, however, never another broken gear set. We make both the rotor and slide and at 200 degrees no more than 5-8 lbs pressure loss. That is extrodinary!!! One of the best thing we ever made.
Ask the people out there using them
They are the testimonial. ;)

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com