2004r transbrake users

laz

Tso Racing 2010
I am wondering how many of you run a transbrake on your 2004r trans . I run foot brake and need an better launch. I would like to know how many of you run a brake without the billet pieces from Bruce if any. I am leaning on a bat brake because of quicker release and it applies the low clutches to help the sprag. I have priced out a bat brake,billet input,foward clutch and its about 1200.00 plus labor. I have a th-400 with a brake already but need a driveshaft and a torque convertor and shifter. I don`t want to install a 400 and go slower . The car goes low tens now but the 60 foots need help. Laz

Mostly in the 1.55s or so we have run a best of 1.45 but with foot brake it`s very inconsistant . I know almost everybody in the tsm class was running a brake but i think the bat brake has an advantage for running pro tree. The 2004r trans now is all production parts and has been reliable i don`t want install a transbrake and have a reliability problem . Laz

Just to let you know if you go with a BAT brake you will have to take the trans down as the build is a little different when you use one.

See ya, Kip

Yes, "little different" equates to BAD ASS!!!!!!!

ROFL
BT

Hey Laz you going to make it to Morocco and Bristol.
Take care, Kip

Hi Kip yeah i will try and make Bristol but might only be spectating. I am still in the air with the trans. don`t know what route is best? I wanna stick with the 200 but don`t want to have to put zippers on . Have any of you guys broken a diveshaft or rear end? Laz