2004r pan gasket

6gunn

high on gas fumes
I recently did a fluid/filter change and the new pan gasket is already showing signs of leakage. It's not leaking drips, but is moist all around the gasket...like the fluid is saturating the gasket. All bolts were tightened snug making sure not to over torque them. Not sure what material the gasket was, but it was a heavy paper of some sort. Is there a rubber gasket available for the 2004r that others have had success with?

I cant believe that no one has made a reusable rubber pan gasket yet. I called felpro years back about it and they didnt even want to talk about it. They make them for the 4l60 and 4l80. They dont make them for the 700 r4 either.

I cant believe that no one has made a reusable rubber pan gasket yet. I called felpro years back about it and they didnt even want to talk about it. They make them for the 4l60 and 4l80. They dont make them for the 700 r4 either.
+1... theyre missing the boat, prolly sell a thousand the first month if they marketed them correctly. I used a neoprene one last time i had the pan down, what a pos! Even with my nice rigid cast pan, as soon as you get it snug enough to seal it starts squeezing out the sides. I despise cork but i think its probably the best alternative currently available.

Cork... I haven't had good luck with cork gaskets on other vehicles, so I'm weary about using it. It did seal fine, but didn't last long before it started showing signs of a leak(perimeter of gasket was moist just like this one I have now).

There is one on summit but I wanted to see if anyone else had good results before I bought one. Mainly the thickness of the gasket. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-tos18662

That's odd. I have a rubber gasket on my trans that's been reused 3 or 4 times so far.

Why not make a cast aluminum pan with a recessed lip and rubber seal like most any new car has?? I usually replace the stamped pan on anything i plan on owning a long time when i change the fluid the first time just because the cast pans are easier to seal with the pos gaskets available. I hate a wet bottom even if not leaving drip spots :)

I just use the one that comes in the filter kit and I've never had a problem.

Why not make a cast aluminum pan with a recessed lip and rubber seal like most any new car has?? I usually replace the stamped pan on anything i plan on owning a long time when i change the fluid the first time just because the cast pans are easier to seal with the pos gaskets available. I hate a wet bottom even if not leaving drip spots :)
True, i was toying with the idea of machining my pan for an o ring groove, not sure if theres enough meat around the holes though. Ill investigate

Fel-Pro part# TOS 18662
It is labled as " Fel-CoPrene" material, but if you ask me it is black rubber and they work well :)
HTH

EDIT: I now see the OP already linked to the same gasket I mentioned. FWIW, I have had to use that same gasket a couple times now due to failed/leaking/etc aftermarket transmissions that I won't bore you with the details, but get that gasket (if you can, order online from AutoZone or Advance. They can give you a better deal than Summit) and rest asured it is a great product :)