2004r in carb setup

japSW20

Well i finally put the car on the streets and noticed its runing terrible, I know its not a boosted 6 but the tranny is the stock one off my 85 t-type, I have the tranny on a SBC with a holley carb. The car will not shift passed 2nd and it feels very sluggish, I called holley and they couldnt figure out what bracket i needed to hook up the TV cable correctly so i had to modify one of theres. My guess is that or the fact that the 4 pin connector (lockup i assume?) is unhooked. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

also another question, How much of the TV cable is exposed when not on the gas, and how far does it extend at WOT??? this info would be awesome

How high did you take it to & not shift? I should shift @ 5200 or so no matter what.
Did it shift right in the GN?
How far does the TV cable go @ WOT? Till it stops, don't know how far in inches, just till it's tight @ WOT.

There should be no problems running this tranny with a carbed engine. it should work fine.

How high did you take it to & not shift? I should shift @ 5200 or so no matter what.
Did it shift right in the GN?
How far does the TV cable go @ WOT? Till it stops, don't know how far in inches, just till it's tight @ WOT.

well when the car is not on the trothle the cable is tense but not to tight, but the trotle linkage on the carb travels more then on the the throtle body??? the tranny was fine before?? will the lock up disconected cause this???

also i recently put a new pan seal while it was runing with the old motor and it was not leaking, now int he new motor is leaking ALOT:confused:

your setup will work with a carb but it has to be setup right!!!!!!! and you do not have to plug in the 4 pin plug it is only for lockup in 4th gear but might want to put a cooler. you will need the bracket for the carb look in summit under 2004r or 700r4 its the same bracket and the cable correcter same 2004r or 700r4 same

your setup will work with a carb but it has to be setup right!!!!!!! and you do not have to plug in the 4 pin plug it is only for lockup in 4th gear but might want to put a cooler. you will need the bracket for the carb look in summit under 2004r or 700r4 its the same bracket and the cable correcter same 2004r or 700r4 same

i called summit and went to a local speedshop (murrays) and they didnt show anything for the 200 but had the bracket for the 700, I put on the bracket for the 700 tranny and the cable would not reac at all! i had to extend the bracket.

here it is during idle and WOT
PICT0004-5.jpg

PICT0005-3.jpg

that is the wronge tv cable!! you can not use the stock cable with your setup. get a universal cable and install
also lol need to replace or bring the bracket back to stock and get the tv cable correcter, TRY TO HOOK UP THE GAS CABLE RIGHT TO

no the one you are looking at is for a Torqueflite 727
this is what you need
compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TC&Product_Code=376800
and
oregonperformancetransmission.com/performance-transmission/SNX-AS2-02K.html
then you will be good to go

check the carb lever geometry :rolleyes: most of the carbs have the cable hook up for a 350 trans. a 2004r & 700r4 will not work correct this way!

just orderd the linkage from

oregonperformancetransmission.com/performance-transmission/SNX-AS2-02K.html

will the lokar cable i bought work the same as the 727? since it is universal (cut to length)

anyone know if the LOKAR cable will work before i go return it?? it is the universal cable for a 700 in carb setup.. KD-2700HT

thanks for the help guys, I bought the corrector bracket and installed the lokar cable, while i was at it, I put the correct dual springs and installed the throtle cable the RIGHT way. car shifts perfect :biggrin:

thanks for the help guys, I bought the corrector bracket and installed the lokar cable, while i was at it, I put the correct dual springs and installed the throtle cable the RIGHT way. car shifts perfect :biggrin:

Sweet .. glad we could help :biggrin: