2004r 2-3 flare

czimpel

Boost...gotta get some!
Does anyone have an idea of why I have a 2-3 flare when manually shifting, but a super hard quick shift when left in drive?

Extreme Automatics Stage 2 less than 1000 miles, but 3 years old. Fluid looks and smells good, no junk in the pan.

Probably a leak in one of the vb circuits. Auto sends the fluid different than where it is sent with the shifter being moved. I'll look at my principles of operation manual and get back with a better answer.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Probably a leak in one of the vb circuits. Auto sends the fluid different than where it is sent with the shifter being moved. I'll look at my principles of operation manual and get back with a better answer.

Thanks.

The auto diagram

3rd

2nd

Yeah, fluid goes lots of different places inside there.

thats the "Principles of Operation" book, from GM.

first, get a pressure gauge and see whats happening to the line pressure.

is this something you just recently discovered, or was it ok and then got bad?

you should also check with your trans builder.

B

I watched eBay until one I could afford popped up. I think it is a great resource if you want to know the how and the what inside the 2004r.

I think it's always been there. I don't drive the car enough to figure out that I had the issue until I took it to the track. I then thought I had burnt it up. I dropped the pan, and everything looked and smelled normal. No debris or clutch material. I then had a bad turbo which took me a couple months to finally get the money to purchase. Finally got it back together and just happened to notice that the 2-3 shift problem was better when I had it in D, but it would flare when manually shifting.

Problem with the whole thing is that I purchased this trans about 3 years ago, so my 1 year warranty is over.

A heads-up on the 200-4R Principles of Operation GM book. It is still available from Helm. Ordered it yesterday, it shipped out today. I waited to post until it shipped in case it came back as 'no longer available' or such.

Navigate the site some until a search box shows up and drop this code into it:

HM2004RPO

The price is decent, the shipping and handling doubled it :confused:

RemoveBeforeFlight

A heads-up on the 200-4R Principles of Operation GM book. It is still available from Helm. Ordered it yesterday, it shipped out today. I waited to post until it shipped in case it came back as 'no longer available' or such.

Navigate the site some until a search box shows up and drop this code into it:

HM2004RPO

The price is decent, the shipping and handling doubled it :confused:

RemoveBeforeFlight

THANK YOU! Jesus I thought it'd never hit ebay again....actually called the ATRA bookstore this morning because they showed it in an old order form from a google search