2003 RX-8 and 2001 VW GTI 1.8T

TurBo BiRd

Strong Islander
The GTI was an easy kill. He had a intake, blow off valve, and a chip. Raced him like 5 times and pulled a few cars doing 30-40 rolls to about 90. I think he said it was his first loss.

Next day I am at school and me and my buddy Derek take my car out w/ a scanner to road test it to see why I have no pull in upper RPM's. I find out I am getting 4-5* knock retard. (I think a noisy number 5 lifter is sending faulse knock cause Im only running 12 psi due to a header crack) As we come past one of the other UTI buildings(B), Derek sees a RX-8 parked. He tells me to go in. He sees me, and goes to leave b/c he knows my car from school. We pull down the side street hitting it a bit until the main road. He gets next to me and we nail it and the knock retard spikes and I barely pull on him. On about the third time we raced, we nailed it from a 20 roll and I put like 3 cars on him instantly just kept walking away(no knock ;) ). He pulled up next to me and said he hates the RX-8, and thinks its slow.(Hes test driving it.) We go back to seperate buiildings and I went back to school w/ an excited VW kid (he ran a 15.99) telling the story. :D

Originally posted by TurBo BiRd
The GTI was an easy kill. He had a intake, blow off valve, and a chip. Raced him like 5 times and pulled a few cars doing 30-40 rolls to about 90. I think he said it was his first loss.

If it was the red one I schooled by the pavilions in the benz, it wasn't his first loss.

nice kills :cool:

Originally posted by TurBo BiRd
I think he said it was his first loss.

A typical tactic of someone trying to "save face". A good reply would be, "Really? No way, 'cause this was my first win!"