2003 Noble Buick/Ford Shootout Results ?

G McCall

When will the meet Results be ready to send over to the Ford web sites ?
They have been "waving" the last few year results at us all year and I would not want to miss out on one day of "gloating". ;)

OMG... Thats Freaking Hilarious

I just checked the list and now I see what happened. I was sitting at the track trying to figure out how my 13.15 running POS got so high up in the ladder. Kept going back to check with the guy who had the list of matchups to make sure they hadn't called me yet. I was B589 and I just wish my stock turbo, intercooler and everything else car would run a 12.03. I was watching everybody below me on the ladder running twelves thinking everybody at the track was a sandbagging MF. I passed the mustang I was gonna race and saw him playing in the trunk of his car. He would never roll the window down and talk to me before the race.(we had time since someone broke ahead of us). If he only knew he was cranking the nitrous on his 12.47 running ride to beat a car that actually should have qualified with a 13.15 instead of 12.03 and through someones error was at the wrong place on the bracket. If the guy would have left his car alone he would have stomped me but he had to push it and his car pop pop popped to a 13.76 to my best of day 13.04. LOL I love it. Took out a car that was 6 tenths faster than me. Did I do my part for the buick team or what. Maybe I can take out a 10sec mustang next year with my slow ass car. LOL ;) ;) ;)

I know they had new people in the Tower this year maybe thats where it all came from.:confused:

They also had Capt. Mark 89 TTA down as a 10.79 car and he ran a pair of 13.0's and then when he brought it to there attention they said he would just have to run it?

He told them no way it was not his mistake that he was running 13's. So he got a Bye run and the 10sec stang that they had him lined up with with got a Bye run:confused: :confused: :confused:

But still a great event.

Well, I guess next time I should get off my butt and go up there and check and make sure they have me down right and who I'm racing and what they qualified at. I was having fun socializing and didn't ever go check it out.

Originally posted by fast86gn
They were posted as of today:eek: :eek:

Check out www.okbuicks.com

David Newton B508

David , I saw the results or lack of. Is that it ?
So the score of the "game/meet" is just that; a score. No Names with the Results ? Tell me there will be names later.

How do we tell who ran what etc. ? Let see this car number beat that car number and etc. etc. etc.
Well hm...then no one will no who lost their race. :rolleyes:

BTW, They had me listed as broke and I too had to go correct their mistake at the Tower. I nearly didn't get to run the elimination at all. They worked it out, my car had to run a 9.60 ford. That was real :eek:

I can vouch for the sandbagging on the Ferd side. :rolleyes: Just look at my elimination run, my car (B507) against car F127, I had a qualifying run at 12.86, the Ferd at 13.85. I finshed with a 12.98 to her 12.25. :mad:

But in the end I won the closest to the qualifying ET and took home $50 bucks. :D

I had a blast and hope to be running for next year's event.

Dannyo

Originally posted by G McCall
David , I saw the results or lack of. Is that it ?
So the score of the "game/meet" is just that; a score. No Names with the Results ? Tell me there will be names later.

How do we tell who ran what etc. ? Let see this car number beat that car number and etc. etc. etc.
Well hm...then no one will no who lost their race. :rolleyes:

BTW, They had me listed as broke and I too had to go correct their mistake at the Tower. I nearly didn't get to run the elimination at all. They worked it out, my car had to run a 9.60 ford. That was real :eek:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I know I thought the same thing not sure what happened?

Previous years results had names.

Different personel in the tower maybe?? There seemed to be a few mistakes but still a job I wouldn't want.

I just saw a post on the OKBuick list and they are working on it, there was a delay in getting tech cards?

I smell a sabotage here by the Ford bunch. You know, "muddy" the results so the results mean little to Post.

They sure had our names in the Tower.

I don't know but they sure seemed to have a slow tree.That thing would take forever sometimes to drop the lights after both cars staged.I think one of the guys in the tower was a ford guy.My elimination run was a joke,car started pushing through the lights because the "pro tree" was taking forever to drop.I backed out of the gas and the car died.I had to watch my opponent run to a 12.24 on nitrous as I started the car then just gassed it and still ran an 11.99.I was furious.You guys can gloat I will just sit back.What an embarrassment.