2000 Yukon Fuel Pump?

UNGN

Can't Re- Member
The fuel pump on my wife's 2000 2500 Yukon XL whines louder than my 4 year old.

Who has replacement fuel pumps and what else do I need to replace it?

I have the same problem with my 2000 GMC sierra. Was wondering the same thing.

Jim

When I worked for chevy we used to replace alot of pumps for that same complaint. We finally called the GM tech support line and they said its a normal condition for the pumps to be that loud. HTH

Put "dynamat" on the tank where it comes in contact with the trucks chassis. Should take care of a lot of it.

When is the last time the fuel filter was changed? Typically a new filter will quiet the pump down a fair bit.

Tony

Originally posted by Tony sy2356
When is the last time the fuel filter was changed? Typically a new filter will quiet the pump down a fair bit.

Tony

I changed the filter about a month ago. It didn't have any effect on the noise. I thought that might be the case, but it wasn't. It actually sounds louder after the filter. More of a high pitched buzzing, than a bogged down rumble.

pumps

The reason the pumps are so loud is that they run at 60psi or higher. If you were to pinch the return line the pressure would hit 150 in a second. I dont understand GM or the other car man. as they put huge pumps then regulate them down to 60psi. By the way thats why they die 5 times as much as 5 years ago. My 16psi pump is still going strong at 200,000. By the way some new cars trucks are not even using regulators they are using a variable ground in the ECM to contoll pressure. Im sure glad I got out of the buissiness in 96 as all the crap on the new cars is cool but the labor prices are and will have to reflect that soon.