2000 camaro 8.5 posi rear

a 2000 Camaro didn't come with an 8.5- the last F body to have an 8.5 was an 81 model.

I'm new to this so I don't really know.. It was posted on Craigslist that way..

Ancient Chinese proverb; never believe a Craig's list ad, you will be had.

X2, Craigslist is full of scammers. All Camaro's and Firebirds/ TA's from 82-02 used either 7.5 (early third gens) and 7.625 (later third gens and fourth gen's) also some 3rd gen's were equipped with a Borg Warner 9 bolt which was a 7.75 ring gear. If your looking for a used 8.5 carrier you can check the salvage yards for 80's caprice's or impala's. I know some of these were equipped with 8.5 rears, but be sure to check the spline count of the axles to make sure it's the same.

That could be I guess? But I doubt it. It would take a bit of fabrication to make it work since all F bodies from 82-02 used a torque arm from the tail of the trans to the rear housing.

You wouldn't want to use a 4th gen rear even if it would fit. Can't count the number of 6 speed LS1 cars that have destroyed a 10 bolt with little more than slicks and a few bolt-ons.

'Tis true, but you can make them survive behind an auto if you take the proper precautions. They're nowhere NEAR as strong as the 8.5, though.