200 trans issue not shifting into 4th

xsbc63x

hey i got an issue with my tta, trans is built by finish line in illinois (i bought it off a friend that never used it for his cutlass with a gn drivetrain the trans was built about 5 years ago).

anyways the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts are good, however the 3-4 shift wont happen unless i let off the throttle. i tried adjusting the tv cable, but that only changed the 1-2 and 2-3 but i still had to let off for the 3-4 shift. im not sure if it will shift into 4th if im wot(still tuning an waiting for some parts), but i know up to 70+ (4000+ rpm in 3rd) it will not shift to 4th untill i ease up the throttle a hair, then it will go in. any ideas? im questioning the trans shop as well right now, but they built the trans for a GN, it is a BOP case going in the TTA, would that raise any problems? its not necessarily a big deal right now, but its kinda annoying.

Valve body is not from or set up for GN or MCSS. The regular 200r4 valve bodies that came in all the cars except the GN and MCSS do not shift into 4th while in WOT.
Says my trans buddies.

Valve body is not from or set up for GN or MCSS. The regular 200r4 valve bodies that came in all the cars except the GN and MCSS do not shift into 4th while in WOT.
Says my trans buddies.

ok what about it not shifting into 4th under light throttle, cause thats the issue i have. under light accel i have to let up on the throttle to get my 4th gear shift.

yeah i tried that, and it changed the 1-2 and 2-3 shift so they were super soft and early but i still had to ease up a little to get the 3-4 to shift

I had the same problem about 8 years ago. It wouldn't shift into 4th at wot unless I let go the throttle. We checked out the pressure in 3-4th gear and was low. Changed the pump and it solved the problem.

There is a valve kit aviailable from any trans parts suplier to eliminate the no 3-4 shift WOT. It can be insalled without pulling valvebody

jimmy took care of this for me last weekend and told me most of his transmissions do the same thing. (this one wasn't built by him) he adjusted the tv cable a few times and drove it, he set me up at the lowest amount of tv and it does it slightly now, but not nearly what it was before.