200 or 700 filter?

T

Turboaddict

What do you guys prefer to use? What are the pros and cons of each filter?

200 or 700

I was told by 2 different transmission rebuilders to use only the 200 filter. The 700 filter has to be modified to work right. The guy who built my trans also swears only to use the 200 filter. I can't remember all the details but somehow the 700 filter can cause a trans fluid stravation problem and ruin your trans.

Where can you buy the deep aluminum tranny pan, and about how much $ ?

awwww man and all this time i had a 700 filter for 7 months with tranny overfilled. It did come with my deep aluminum pan from performance transmissions. Guess i'll have to change the filter again

DAMMIT BRUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everytime I think I have it all worked out, you "Performance Transmission" boys come up with some other project for me to start working on!!!!!;)

Ok now what size pipe is that? What do I need to get it to fit and stay snug in the pump hole? And can I use any trans filter that looks similar to the one you have? I was tossing around an idea of getting a thin aluminum plate maybe about four inches or so wide welded to the top part of the pan, over the part where it is deepest before the shallow part (does that makes sense?).

I was thinking of doing something similar to what you guys did but couldn't think of what to use for tubing. Well now I know. Did you guys use regular solder on the pipes or lead free or what?

Thanks!! You really are an asset to the whole racing community not just GN/Ttypes. :cool:

Simple copper pipe and silver solder. Still getting the knack for soldering not welding :) Its the plate the filter bolts to that was difficult to come up with in volume. I use the brass version of the 727 Chrysler filter. Available anywhere. No you dont have to make anything fit, as it comes as a kit. We prefit on trans before ever leaving the shop. It works great. We have them for our two pans and a stock pan setup. The stock one was the hardest to build but after many cuss words , I think I got it. I am sorry Crazi that I keep giving you more work to do , but progress must go on.........:):):):)

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Stock pan ones just push in like stock.
Aluminum pans have a bolt on vb and push in like stock. other than that simple.

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com

Based on what I heard from Bruce, it is easier to do with his pan either shallow or deep. He has a whole package deal that includes it all. Pan, Filter, Sump thingy and everything else you need. This Bruce guy is alright!!

PS

You can use the stock pan but it appears to be ALOT better with his pan based on the differences in the shapes. Check out the pan on his website and compare to the stock one. Big difference IMO.

I have his deep pan and its so much deeper than stock. looks awesome too. Nice welds on the inside.:D I'm happy with my deep pan!

Mr transam wrote: 200 or 700
I was told by 2 different transmission rebuilders to use only the 200 filter. The 700 filter has to be modified to work right. The guy who built my trans also swears only to use the 200 filter. I can't remember all the details but somehow the 700 filter can cause a trans fluid stravation problem and ruin your trans.
-------------------------

Is this because the 700 filter was used with the stock pan?? Any comments Bruce? DW?

I've got Bruce's stock pan sump setup on the way...should be here Tuesday...I'll post again on the installation hassles(or lack of) after I install it... ;)

Mr Valvo.... great to hear from you. However, have you been paying attention? (lolol) Hello to Amy and the baby......:)

Bruce
WE4

Hey Bruce. Amy says hi and the baby is gettin big. We'll stop by soon to show you the little bugger. Definitely a future linebacker or possibly a buick racer? :rolleyes:

--------------------------------

I just did the Dexron shampoo and visually the 700 filter sits slightly shallower than the 200 filter therefore it should not starve for fluid. I have the stock pan. The only thing is that the 700 filter gets close to what I think is the 4th gear switch. I read somewhere that you could ground it if the filter touches it. I have no experience with this. Maybe someone else might know.

200 or 700

Ed I was told that (200 filter) using the stock pan. The trouble I have with a deep pan is I have a TTA and it has a lot less clearance than a gn, so if I used a deep pan it would be smacking speed bumps.

Bruce
Will this extended sump pick up work with the Cast ATR(Art Carr) deep tranny pan?

Originally posted by Louie L.
Bruce
Will this extended sump pick up work with the Cast ATR(Art Carr) deep tranny pan?

I was just asked to make one for the Art Carr pan last week. I can and will if anybody wants. I have one for an example at shop so it would be easy to do. Haven't talked with Art about it but I'm sure he wouldn't mind. If you or some of you would like let me know and I'll make one run of them. I would like to do them all at the same time. :)

Bruce
WE4
www.ptsnctb.com