200-4r tag question??

jamnut

I have a 200-4r that's tagged KCF, can anyone here tell me what they are for? Also does it matter that it doesn't have a black plug like my BRF?

Later model OG. Not good for perf. but swap in BR vb & servo if that's what you need.

The tag shows it's a 86 model. My BRF has a billet servo & stage rite, but I was going to keep the whole thing together & send the BRF off to be rebuilt while I ran the KCF.

The KCF does have a shift kit & supposedly some hard parts.

I'm really wondering about shift points?

KCF is out of a Cadillac.

Where are you getting this info? The only chart I know of is the one 77 cruiser posted the link for. I guess it could be true if the Caddy was Olds 307 powered.

Rich

I have 3 code "KCF" and 2 code "KTF" transmissions sitting in my shop that I personally pulled out of Cadillacs. Yes they did have Oldsmobile 307 motors. The first letter denotes car make. "K" Cadillac, "C" Chevrolet, "B" Buick, "O" Oldsmobile.

Cadillacs were usually AA codes, but I can def see it possible that they used the K code trans if using the Olds motor.

I'm sure most of it's correct. GM did a lot of mix and match during the 80's putting different division engine/trans combinations in different cars. My experience is only from what I have found in different cars cruising the boneyards over the last 25 years.