200-4R shifts early

Rich you have to have a spring on the small wt. or it probably won't shift> with the spring off of the big wt. it brings the light throttle 1-2 & some what 2-3 from what I've found.

you probably have more experience with governors and Bison has the easiest solution.

but when i looked at it on the flow chart the governor is bleeding pressure and the faster the thing spins the less it bleeds because it holds the balls in tight rrestricting flow. this builds the pressure and causes the shift. with more weight or spring pressure it gets restricted and builds faster and makes the shift. the light weight with tje spring is pretty much shut all the time so the large wieght is swinging without the weight. it is large and when it spins it closes the ball and builds the pressure quickly. if you put the spring on the heavyweight side and use the small lighter weight to do the shift without the spring it takes longer to build the pressure because spinning the smaller weight doesnt have the force until it spins pretty fast then it holds the ball shut at the higher rpm, and shifts at the higher rpm. at least in theory.

Havent solve the problem, but I have bought few products that could help. .500 boost valve with o-rings, .283 low rev valve with o-rings and a new tv valve+plunger. All from sonnax.

all quality pieces. did you get a spring to go in there with the boost valves?

AFTER YOU SHIFT INTO SECOND ( LIGHT THROTTLE ) AND FLOOR THE THROTTLE,DOES IT DOWNSHIFT INTO FIRST?

Spring is stiffer than original.

No! It doesn't downshift right.
Besides the weights,and governor spring,the spring pressure in the TV limit valve will effect your shift points especially at WOT. More spring pressure,higher WOT shift points and higher MPH downshifts. You must have a way to measure spring pressure and you need to measure the pressure at the installed spring height. A kitchen scale works well for this. A difference of 2 ounces of pressure can make a big difference. You can also install a lighter spring in the governor but you must know the springs pressure or else you're just guessing. I suggest you start with a change of the TV limit spring pressure of 2 ounces higher pressure and see what you get from that.

Besides the weights,and governor spring,the spring pressure in the TV limit valve will effect your shift points especially at WOT. More spring pressure,higher WOT shift points and higher MPH downshifts. You must have a way to measure spring pressure and you need to measure the pressure at the installed spring height. A kitchen scale works well for this. A difference of 2 ounces of pressure can make a big difference. You can also install a lighter spring in the governor but you must know the springs pressure or else you're just guessing. I suggest you start with a change of the TV limit spring pressure of 2 ounces higher pressure and see what you get from that.
It's possible the TV limit could be stuck too.

Tv limit valve is not stuck. I wonder why should I change the spring on tv limit valve, when it doesn't say me to do so in shiftkit

Tv limit valve is not stuck. I wonder why should I change the spring on tv limit valve, when it doesn't say me to do so in shiftkit
To see how it will effect your shift points to get from where you are now to where you want to be or you could purchase a valve body/governor combo.

When some one pushes the accelerator pedal to the floor inside the car,do the throttle blades of your carb move to their full open position?
If so,when the throttle is wide open,can you pull any more TV cable out of the trans? You shouldn't be able to as the throttle valve should be at the limit of it's travel.

When some one pushes the accelerator pedal to the floor inside the car,do the throttle blades of your carb move to their full open position?
If so,when the throttle is wide open,can you pull any more TV cable out of the trans? You shouldn't be able to as the throttle valve should be at the limit of it's travel.
Yes. No.

Changed the tv valve by Sonnax. Didn't really effect that much.

Can anyone tell me what color is the tv limit valve spring? I mean the stock spring.

Yes. No.

Changed the tv valve by Sonnax. Didn't really effect that much.

Can anyone tell me what color is the tv limit valve spring? I mean the stock spring.
I don't know the color but I do have the dimensions. Wire diameter: 0.033" Spring O.D.: 0.371" Free Length: 1.765" Number of coils: 14

Not all TV limit springs are the same. I have a CU vb & the spring is shorter & stiffer with .041 diam. wire the color is violet.
But the rest I have seem to be similar to what Mikester has.

I don't know the color but I do have the dimensions. Wire diameter: 0.033" Spring O.D.: 0.371" Free Length: 1.765" Number of coils: 14
It was that kind of spring! So that is correct.

Could someone PLEASE give me correct measurements for MTV UP valve spring!!! I think I found the cause for all this: I THINK that I have installed new mtv down spring as said in the shiftkit, but accidentaly installed the old spring from mtv down spring to mtv up valve... I'm not sure, so could someone tell me the right dimensions for that THANK YOU!!!