200-4R First Time Install - Converter ??

FN2XLR8

I'll be installing my new 200 4R into the '70 GS tomorrow. Never done a 200 before and hope someone can tell me how to be SURE the converter is on all the way. I have the two converter notches seated on the tabs inside the pump for sure - is there more to it, another 'click' maybe? Is there a standard measurement between the converter button and a straightedge held across the 'bellhousing' (ya know, where the trans meets the engine)? Looks like 9/16" or so now.

Also, and this is no big deal, I need a metric bolt for the TV cable keeper on the trans. Anyone know off hand exactly the size and thread? This metric stuff is a bit weird for me.

Now that I think about it, I'll bet the trans to crossmember mount from my TH350 won't bolt to the 200 either, eh? Metric threads again. Can you give me the bolt size and thread for that too please?

Hmmm... what else? If you guys think of something, please let me know; the hardware store is 15 miles away.

Much appreciated.

To make sure the converter is far enough in....

Take a measurement between the block and the rearmost surface of the flexplate, then take a measurement from the straightedge across the trans belhousing to the mounting surface of the converter. The second measurement should be greater than the first. The TV cable retainer bolt shjould be 6mm x about 15mm, not sure of the thread though. It should be the lower of the probably two available, if not get them both, they are pretty cheap. I believe the mount bolts are 10mm x 30~35mm, 1.5 thread. :cool: