2-step for stock ignition systems

I show the hardware in one of the other videos.

It's in its own separate box.

Bob

Thanks Bob for your quick reply...Unfortunately, I'm not able to view the other video except the one you posted in your first post...:redface:

thanks,

Claude. :smile:

I hope you can crank these things out in big numbers Bob.

All the transbrake and nitrous users are gonna gobble these things up like lollipops. :D

I have a question... possibly a request...

Is there a way to make the RPM adjustment in a remote knob/dial type arrangement that can be mounted on the dash to allow "on the fly" or quick, easy 2-step RPM changes ?

I'm thinking it would be neat to have quick easy access to the low RPM adjustment for changing track conditions or going from street to strip...

'Kinda like the little boxes that MSD uses in place of the RPM chips.
Pic:
msd-8670.jpg

could program the TPS input to be a rpm select input........

although the dipswitches are pretty easy to set

bob, this is sweet. so if i get this right, this will work ok with alky spraying, do to the fact its cutting timing out and not fuel thus no harm. if this is true sign me up please.

reason i ask if im on the trans brake on the line and the alky is spraying and the 2-step is killing spark it will be fine correct.

could program the TPS input to be a rpm select input........

although the dipswitches are pretty easy to set

It was just an idea... :cool:

I still want to be first in line for one of these when they are available. :D

This is just plain FANTASTIC!!!! Finally a full featured two step for the masses!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

We all wanted to shake your hand for the Powerlogger, now this:smile: Thanks Man!

I would LOVE to know how many people are watching this thread.
I would bet it is one of the most watched threads on TB.com in a long time.

Geoff

Don't get me wrong these look very fun and I'm sure I'll buy one!

...but couldn't all this be programmed in to the chip?

Reason I ask is my other car, (1993 eagle talon TSI) has this feature built into the chip. You just have to run one wire from the ECM to the clutch pedal to activate it. (could also be run to a brake pedal for autos) With the car off IGN on you change the stutter RPM with the TPS readings. It activates anytime it sees clutch/brake switch on and TPS over X percent with engine running.

Just a thought!

I thought one of the GN chips actually had this feature. Maybe they called it staging mode or something like that.

I thought one of the GN chips actually had this feature. Maybe they called it staging mode or something like that.

Yes, actually bobs chips do. Although there is no RPM limiting feature.

Launch Assist: When enabled, Launch Assist will improve turbo spoolup while brake-torquing for improved launch when racing. This mode is not intended for street use and does put a lot of heat into the turbo exhaust, headers, and exhaust valves. It does do a good job helping launch a turbo that is too large for the torque converter stall speed. When activated, Launch Assist reduces engine torque and increases exhaust temperature. Launch assist will activate when the throttle is between 50 and 85% and vehicle speed is below 5 mph. When Launch Assist is working, the Check Engine light will flash.

you can program funky fuel cuts into the chip, but not ignition cut. The Thrasher chips had something like this years ago.

The fuel cut doesn't recover as fast as an ignition cut, as the engine needs to turn almost a full turn before the fuel can be fired in the cylinder.

Also, the safety feature of the ignition cut when running alky or N2O is not present in a fuel cut situation.

Fuel cut rev limit doesn't generate the heat an ignition cut system does. When launching with an automatic transmission, you need the heat to keep the turbo spooled and the cut/recover needs to be quick.

Oh, this system will run on a DSM also..... :)

Bob

you can program funky fuel cuts into the chip, but not ignition cut. The Thrasher chips had something like this years ago.

The fuel cut doesn't recover as fast as an ignition cut, as the engine needs to turn almost a full turn before the fuel can be fired in the cylinder.

Also, the safety feature of the ignition cut when running alky or N2O is not present in a fuel cut situation.

Fuel cut rev limit doesn't generate the heat an ignition cut system does. When launching with an automatic transmission, you need the heat to keep the turbo spooled and the cut/recover needs to be quick.

Oh, this system will run on a DSM also..... :)

Bob

Makes sense to me!

Jez, now I gotta buy 2... Stop making me spend all my money bob! :biggrin:

wow that is truly awesome, i wish i had the know how to build something like this... oh well i guess i will just have to buy one then lol :biggrin:
so if i am having trouble holding the rear tires off the foot brake, this would help with me building boost without the tires spinning?