TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
I have seen two different ones on analog dash cluster
one has 4 numbers on it 0,5,10,15
the other has just 0 and 15
why ?? different years??

I know the one with 4 numbers came out of 86 T
image1 4.jpeg

maybe different models I know the one with 4 numbers came out of 86 T type

First time I ever notice that... I checked my car ('87) and it has the ''0,5,10,15'' version. However, I looked in ''KIrban's Guide to 1986 and 1987 Buick Turbo Regals'' and on page 146, there is a picture of the ''0, 15'' version but no mention of it in the text.:unsure:

Claude.:)

interesting maybe Denis knows
a little detail I'm very curious about

maybe those with just 0-15 were the first run they made then they switched it
:unsure::unsure::unsure:

My 85 had a powermaster, 20 bolt oil pan block, but a narrow v6 radiator.
Mine had all of the above. But it even had the wide radiator. I think it must of been nearly one of the last bastards to roll off the assembly line as an 85 TR.

Trying to figure out the timeline on the powermaster vs hydroboost, 20 bolt vs 14 bolt and wide radiator. I assumed all hot airs had the narrow radiator until i saw a coworkers 85, it had the wide radiator, 20 bolt block and powermaster.

really don't care about all that other stuff but interesting
trying to figure out this boost gauge thing

Possible the second cluster is a Canada Custer sine it got this kmph listedbwhere the top on doesn’t

no you just can't see it bad pic (reflection )sorry they both have kmph up top they are identical except for the numbers for boost

ones from Canada have kmph as the main numbers

nice try,
no one can figure this riddle out

Not sure about the analog dash clusters, but the digital dash clusters had different gears in the odometers for the imports.

http://www.installationinstructions.com/FYI/odometer FYI.pdf

They were calibrated in KM. When you think about it, if you rack up mileage on your car, the analog odometer is calibrated in miles. But if you look at KM, it'd show around 20% less than the actual mileage, since KM should show around 100 every 62 miles.

So, if your analog dash is shown in KM along with MPH, the big question would be whether the mechanical odometer is set up for KM or MPH.

With that thought, if you were to purchase a low mile GN from a Canadian seller and it showed 10,000 miles on the clock, it would actually be around 6200 *miles*.

Conversely, if you lived in Canada, and purchased a GN from the states that had, say, 50,000 miles on the clock, it would actually have about 80,500 KM on the car.

This is all assuming the import cars use the same internals on the odometer.

Now, back to the OP, it poses a good question about the difference between the imports and the US cars. Since the KM is shown on the face of the "blank center" boost screening, it would be a fair assumption that the odometer gears are different. It would take some inspection to determine if that's a fact. And if it is, then there are at least several GN's where the mileage shown is inaccurate.

they all have KM on them the us models have KM up top
the Canadian ones have KM on the bottom
ill take another picture of both so you can see the KM on top on both
they do make different gears for them I have seen them for sale in parts catalogs
the riddle continues

see both are the same except for the boost numbers , both have same part number also
image1 4.jpeg
image2.jpeg

this has obviously stumped many
where's Anthony P he might be able to get to the bottom of this one
TR guru's needed !!!