1st time to track with TTA 1/8mile

T62TTA

Three passes
9.123@76.80;8.751@79.51;8.848@78.70
60ft times respectively 2.194,2.002,2.015
ALL RUNS ON CA 91OCTANE PUMP GAS ONLY

I have the last two runs recorded on DS files if you would like to see I could email it to you.

Mods are only bolt ons
Turbonetics T62 Turbo and 42.5lb injectors set at 45psi at idle
ls1 3.5" translator plus and extender chip
Pat's 10" 3400stall converter brake stalls at 3100 at the line
Boost was too high in first run (16-18lb), turn in down to an unknown about of boost(maybe 12-14lb)after first run

The first 4 seconds of the last two runs apparently looks decent; however the last 4 seconds and some change the CAR FALLS APART! KNOCK retard consistently at 7-10* in THIRD GEAR ESPECIALLY. First to second looks good however.

Any help would be appreciated, first time to track with this car.

Boost octane or you will be rebuilding that motor.

Your first move is to check if it is real KR.....Put some Xylene in the tank and see if the KR goes away.

Thats a start.

Bo

All the mods in the world..you cannot cheat detonation especially with crappy gas.

Your car would be just as fast with all the stock OEM parts. Probably faster.

I'd be more than happy to look at some files. Send em my way..

idoxlr8_70@yahoo.com

But I think I know what i'll see. ;)

Ditto what Bo just wrote.

Those times done at Irwindale ??

Myself and some Gn guys will be going to California Speedway on the 22nd. If you can make it, there will be more than a few who can lend a hand in the tuning dept. if needed.

Like all else said, definetely need some octane.:D

New 1/8mi update

Added Xylene to 91octane total of 2gal of Xylene to 4 gallons of 91 pump gas octane. Boost was 16-17psi heres some more times:
8.516@81.06 1.915 60ft
9.342@80.97 2.705
8.576@81.01 none printed This run on DS
8.549@81.27 1.953 This run on DS

First two passes no datalogging because car shut off twice during the burnout shutting down my laptop.

After datalogging my 3rd run I decided for my last run to up the boost by turning wastegate 2 turns which I have now come to realize to mean only .5psi increase approx. and my already rich condition was further enhanced my turning the Translator WOT fuel trim plus 2 percent.

No KNOCK! Xylene works!

From DS files I gathered my tranny is slipping noticeably especially during the 2-3 shift and third gear is the gear that slips the most.

Should I add boost and lean it out? Or lower FP from base 45 maybe down to 42-43?

I want this car in the low 8's and maybe in the 7's with added octane and boost.

Get some better tires, lean out the motor. Its super fat. And practice getting the 60 foot down.

With a 1.6 60 foot and a little more MPH. Your running low 8's. Problem is your starting to show a little knock with the xylene.. and if you lean it out, it will knock more.

Put 110 in the tank, boost at 21-23 PSI, get a solid 60 foot.. your there.