1st Gen RX7 Question

montelius

I just came across this car on racingjunk while looking for GN's. Has anyone seen a 1st generation RX7 with a GN motor in it like this? I talked to the guy and he seemed very nice and knowledgeable. He didn't modify the Mazda k-member and the car doesn't look butchered at all. What are some things to look for in swaps like this, and what are the problematic areas while putting a GN motor in such a car?

Here is the link...
Mazda RX7 grand national powered, must see, - Free Classifieds Powered By Racingjunk.com

Here are some pictures...

RX7bayy.jpg

RX7engine.JPG

RX7enginein.jpg

RX7front.jpg

RX7front2.JPG

RX7paint.jpg

RX7side.jpg

beforecoilovers2.JPG

rx7interior.jpg

If he would consider trades I would hand him the Keys to my Gn in a heart beat... I was driven to the hospital the day I was born in a 1st gen Rx7 and then it was also the first car I drove once I got my license...

Add my love for that car and the power of that engine and I would take it in a heart beat!

Really no kidding... if he would consider trades I would be on my way to lincoln nebraska tomorrow...

Wow, just noticed this thread.

Thats my car for sale. To be real honest I am not 100% sure on selling the car, the only reason I threw it up there was to see what interest it might bring over the winter (not to mention I'm trying to finish up some other projects :smile: )

If anyone has ANY questions feel free to contact me, I can garuntee the car is built right, and is a blast to drive.

Adam, I returned your message on racingjunk.

thanks.

Ryan,
Well if you dont sell it, the get some good wheelstand videos! I dont think I could get away with selling the Gn and then buying the Rx7, but I sure do want to!

NICE ... have any shots of the 8.8 rear end set up ??? I did one in my 88 RX7 :cool:

I might have some 8.8 pictures somewhere, Ill have to do some digging around.

Adam- Sounds good man, if It doesn't sell through winter, you can bet I'll have some bumper dragging videos for ya. :biggrin: