1999 Trans Am WS6 Ram Air

UnderdogGN

Considering selling my 1999 trans am ram air. I am the third owner of the car. It has 150,000 miles, however it has been maintained well, and runs/drives excellent. I have all service records, oil has been changed every 3000, trans (auto) has just been serviced and shifts great. Car has an oil leak coming from the back of the engine, valve cover gaskets? rear main? Its only noticeable after you park it for the night. Does not burn any oil! It has new BFGoodrich comp ta's 275/40/17 all the way around. Car has been repainted, wet sanded, and buffed. Paint looks excellent, but does have a few rock chips. Has tinted windows, and T-tops which dont leak. Interior is CLEAN, all power leather, cruise control, heat and air work great, CD player with changer. The driver and passenger door panels each have one crack (common).

Car has an SLP lid, smooth bellow, ported throttle body, diablosport tuner, exhaust cutout, and a flowmaster muffler welded in the stock exhaust. Other than that it is stock. I have all the parts to put it back to origional.

I have a few extras that i MAY include, depending on the price/trade.
Borla stainless catback (bought it used)
Hooker longtube headers, new header gaskets, and stage 8 locking bolts.
Yank SS3600 lockup torque converter ($800 new)

Please EMAIL me if you have any questions or want pictures.

Looking to trade for a built/modded street car. Must be streetable! Fox body mustangs, other LS1 cars, turbo buick, what do you have!?!?
must be clean and rust free!

Price is $8500 OBO!
Will post pictures later.

Its black, looks awesome.
By the way the $8500 obo would include the extra parts listed, $7500 obo without parts

Nice. Pretty car.

So you can't trace where the oil leak is coming from, right? How big is the puddle if you park it overnight?

Ive tried chasing the leak down a couple times without much luck. It drips where the trans and engine bolt together at the very bottom. It could be a number of things, 1) valve cover gaskets at the back, 2)there is also an oil pressure sensor at the back of the engine that is notorious for leaking, or 3) rear main seal.

If you are interested in the extra parts, the yank converter i have would let you find the leak when you install the converter, because the tranny has to come out. Worst case, put in a rear main seal when you do the converter swap. The puddle varies in size, not sure why. Some days it will only leak a few drips, while others it will make a puddle about 3-4" in diameter. It doesnt ever show up on the dipstick though, always is full
I am willing to negotiate though. Just let me know.
thanks for looking

Tim if you dont sell it with spare parts is be intrested in the exhaust and converter for my 99 z

i have an 87 gn t63 turbo, scanmaster, alky, built 200r4, car runs low 11 body work just finished up needs paint will to talk about a trade my wife loves those cars and i have way to many cars right now my wife wants a new toy let me know if interested ill get som pics.......

That's a sweet looking T/A. I always wanted one like yours...all black...but I'd have to have a 6 speed. Free bump 4 ya. :wink: