1995 3800 supercharged series 1 ?

#1BerettaMan

I got a series 1 supercharged 3800 and I was wondering how much horsepower can this engine make and hold without failure. I want to to put it in my beretta gtz with the five speed trans . would I be better off going with a series 2 or 3 3800 supercharged.

I Have Always Prefered The Series 2 Over Series 1 Myself Its Just A More Dependable Combination. You Can Also Get More Power Out Of The Series 2 /3 With Less Effort

how much power are you looking at? I would go series 2 generally. Series 3 doesnt give the same bang for the buck as the series 2. Most things will interchange between 2 and 3. Plus bigger aftermarket for series 2 and 3 than series 1. But that 5 speed wont handle more than 350hp at most. I would worry about how much your trans can take. I would guess it has the 282. i hear it can be beefed up quite a bit but i havnt looked in to that.

I'd be happy with 300hp, my trans won't work with the 3800 .I have a 282 trans but my car has a 2.3 high output qaudfour. I will have to get a 282 trans from a 3.1 or 2.8 v6