1993 Typhoon

Great find.

Plan on a new transfer case or rebuilding current as the front prop shaft out has most likely burnt up the Transfer viscious clutch.

I might have a spare Xfer Case somewhere if you need it.

Thanks everyone,Im pretty excited about this truck...Im going to work on the squeak tommoro and follow some of those tips on that link,thanks..

I have a friend that refurbishes wheels coming over tommoro to do all 4,they are faded from purple stuff or something and alot of the clear is coming off and alot of scratches..He said they will look new,so Im courious to see how it turns out(ill post before and after pics of course..lol)..

Im going to need a shaft and most likely the case or whatever but Im not sure how to tell whats going on without installing that missing shaft first..So your saying with it out,it actually makes things worse? I do have a unique clunk in the front once in a while..?

Y.B Rules:D That place is crazy..

I still cant post on that forum?

I know why nobody can fix the squeaky rear window,its because its actually the tail gate pins rubbing in the hinge!

I just tried everything to fix the window,everything including spacing out the gasket with sticky foam pieces and everytime it didnt change a thing..

I had the wife drive while I did the old screwdriver to the noise trick and bamm its in the hinge to the tailgate!
I greased it heavily and all is gone,for now,even on bigger bumps! You could actually see where it rubs,ill be putting in new pins and keeping them greased,if it comes back soon..

Tommy, whats up...

This is SYO237 over from syty.net Hit me up with your info and I'll fix your account so you can post.

Also, send me a PM or email and I'll get you set up on the FL SyTy mail list and get you up to date with the FL group. We are having a huge meet down in Miami at the end of January. It will be a wrench session, so if you have things to do on the truck (looks like you do), its the perfect opportunity to come and get things done right. All of us work on our own and each others trucks....we've done most all the common mods and fixes a million times over so plenty of experience and knowledge to be shared.

Also, you mentioned vacuum lines. We are holding a GP for the Vac line Kit....only 3 days left. I highly recommend it, and will even personally install it in Miami for you. GP: Silicone Vac Kits - Cart OPEN! *****3 Days Left***** - SyTy/SGT - Forums

You scored man... Ive always wanted to find a SyTy that a person has no idea what they have and get it on the cheap. Looks like you found my truck. Serves me right for not doing my daily scan of Craigslist for a few days :rolleyes:

Tommy, whats up...

This is SYO237 over from syty.net Hit me up with your info and I'll fix your account so you can post.

Also, send me a PM or email and I'll get you set up on the FL SyTy mail list and get you up to date with the FL group. We are having a huge meet down in Miami at the end of January. It will be a wrench session, so if you have things to do on the truck (looks like you do), its the perfect opportunity to come and get things done right. All of us work on our own and each others trucks....we've done most all the common mods and fixes a million times over so plenty of experience and knowledge to be shared.

Also, you mentioned vacuum lines. We are holding a GP for the Vac line Kit....only 3 days left. I highly recommend it, and will even personally install it in Miami for you. GP: Silicone Vac Kits - Cart OPEN! *****3 Days Left***** - SyTy/SGT - Forums

You scored man... Ive always wanted to find a SyTy that a person has no idea what they have and get it on the cheap. Looks like you found my truck. Serves me right for not doing my daily scan of Craigslist for a few days :rolleyes:

Payment sent..And also a P.M on the other site,still cant post,just can do private messages..

I think if they made a typhoon back in 1966 it would have looked like this.... Tommynos and i both have fast tow vehicles !!!

Attachments

• 118.jpg
    118.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 114.jpg
    114.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 121
Funny... I recently sold my 65 GMC. For awhile, I had the crazy idea to do it AWD and drop in a 4.3 Sy motor and make a "65 Syclone". :p

That truck above is F'n SICK!

I miss my 65....

Steve-o,I ordered a new sticker kit(being mine were 2 colors and in the wrong spot:biggrin: ) Anyway the kit came with one for the front windshield,im not going to use it...Add it to your windshield and enter some car shows and tell them its a 1 of 1 typhoons made in 1966:D
...I know you wont do it but it would be funny..