1992 Z28 with a 100% TTA Drivetrain

Metal

Was I speeding sir?
This is my White and Red 92 Z28 with the Turbo Buick drive train (an entire 100% Turbo Trans AM drive drain to be exact)
This car took about two and a half years to build and get the bugs worked out.
It sat in public storage for a winter (I had no idea how damp those places were) and thats when I think the rust started and then it sat outside at a local shop for quite a while while the wiring was worked out so the stripes are faded (they are just stickers anyway) but still the car has tons of potential and I'm probably making it out to be worse than it is.
from memory the car has the following parts:

TA49 Turbo
009 (green stripe 42.5lbs) Injectors
RJC Power plate
Walburo 340 hot wired fuel pump
Red Stripe converter.
Fresh Trans (maybe a couple hundred miles)
1LE Brakes
9 Bolt PBR Rear with a 3:27 ratio
new shocks and struts and sway bars.
Turbo tweak chip
Scanmaster, Boost gage and Knock sensor.
T/Tops
CD
Leather interior
Damn near new tires but I bet you could wear at least two of them out real quick if you were so inclined ;)
All the gages work, including the cruise control, AC (R12) and Tach (but it's off due to it being a V8 cluster) (some pics show a 115MPh cluster but it's been upgraded to a 145MHz cluster)
I've been told the airbag is still active but I have no way to test that :)
This is an option group 3 car which was top of the line as far as Z28's went back then.
I have the hand written schematics as to what wiring changes were made to make all all the parts from the two 2 cars work together.

Bad:
there is a rust hole starting in the drivers quarter and if it were me I'd patch it and take a look at both wheel wells and the drivers side floorboard is starting to rust.
Something is causing intermittent false knock (you can be driving down the street at 25 miles per hour with NO boost and the gage will go red)... never really looked into it it's not a problem when you get on it.:confused:

I know damn well a TTA drivetrain is worth close to 5k
When we installed it we did a leak down test and checked the cam and main bearing clearances, everything was fine and it has good oil pressure.

I've told a few people who asked if it was for sale $7500 but that was before the rust issues started so I'm open to reasonable offers.
I just installed a new coil pack and picked up a crank sensor Friday.
It's pretty quick and one hell of a sleeper.
It could be parted for quite a bit I'd imagine or with a bit of body work be one hell of a nice car.
I know a guy with a rust free TTA roller here locally who wants about 3k for it. Easy way to have a real TTA and a bunch of Z28 parts to sell.
any questions PM me or feel free to post them here.

A few pics are here
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/hybrids/223392-my-92-done.html

LOTS more pics here Index of /Z28
(some are a couple years old but some are pretty current)

Not that anyone here has asked but a few clarifications.

The car is essentially TTA# 891

The car was ordered in 92 with a CD player. I have a newer GM unit in the car now but the correct one is in my house for safe keeping as I'm pretty sure it was a 92 ONLY option with the yellow lettering. (93's were yellow but were BOSE)

The car was ordered with leather interior it's not a 4gen set hacked into a 3rd gen like most.

Every piece of the car that was TTA specific is on the car but the cluster, since that would have meant putting a trans AM dash into a Camaro so it's the ONLY TTA specific part not on the car.
Technically yes I do have the TTA specific back seats I would like to have re done in Grey leather and installed but again that's on the back burner.

The car was ordered by a GM employee in 92 and delivered to a dealer in Brighton MI, I have the GM order forms I can FAX to any interested parties and copies of the window stickers. I also have new RED Z28 rocker emblems for the car (RARE!!!!!) and a set of used ones in good condition. I also have a NOS 25th anniversary badge (one more unobtainable part) and one or two repro's
I also have a NEW set of complete correct TTA heads for the car, I wasn't sure if I wanted to port them and put them on the TTA or keep them but for the right price they can come with the car. (really nothing too special since GM used standard 3.0 front wheel drive heads but these are new and complete)
I could change the tach but the redline of a v6 tach is lower than a V8 tach so I'm not sure what I'm going to do about that yet.

Been reading up on changing resisters and stuff but it's not a big deal to me, the car is an auto and the computer and VSS knows what RPM's the car is really running at so it shifts at the proper times.

The 145Mph cluster is from a 90 or 91 so the needles are yellow. I still have the 92 gages and plan on changing them over to to the proper orange ones when I have time.
The old cluster had about 68k(?) when it was removed, I doubt I've even put 1000 miles on the car since I started so I'd say it's got about 70k

The trans is a TTF coded 200R4 with the correct TTA trans mount, valvebody and speedo sensor (TTA only) The intercooler and AC lines are TTA correct, the front springs and 1LE brakes are TTA correct.

The Rear end and driveshaft are TTA correct.

The entire computer system and VSS stuff had to be intergrated into the 92, that was a ton of work, the car has a MAF (like a TTA) not SD like a Z28

So please trust me when I say the car is a TTA that happens to look like a Camaro.
No expense was spared until I ran out of money:p

This is one KICK ASS conversion. Jim's a perfectionist and is over hyping the car's problems. It needs a little body work to get it 100%...that's it. I've been in this car and it's a real shame Chevrolet didn't take Pontiac's cue and make some limited edition Z28s too. It's weird as hell sitting in a Z28 and hearing it purr like a TTA.

This is a one of a kind car and one helluva steal.

I love it. I actually liked the look of the Z28's and IROC's better than the pontiacs back then and to have that motor in it is a great car IMO.

replied to all PM's but my box was full.
Ill post more pics in the next day.

this place is not sending notices of PM's please call me @ 586-939-9200
Thanks
Jim