1989 Turbo Trans Am

yea that's the same as mine. I'll have to call the name on the lable. It was some garage. I think the guy owned a race shop or something who bought mine. The 2nd owner told me it was just for his wife and she was mighty pissed when he sold it out from under her!

Still waiting to hear back from PHS on the build info, but did pick up a new OEM GM t-top trim panel to replace the rusty one. Should have that in place this week, if mother nature will behave for a few days..lol.

I have a feeling I will miss this one, but I want to get my T finished and pay off a few bills. I drove it around a little bit tonight and it's a hoot to drive. Also started cleaning a few places and it is coming pretty clean. Just needs a bunch of elbow grease to make it shine again. :D

Recieved the PHS info packet today in the mail....car is build #171 of 1,555. I was guessing it was a lower production number, but didn't think it would be lower than #200. That was a pleasant suprise for sure. :D

Good stuff Lonnie! Make sure you send all your info into the TTA registry! .....:::::Turbo Trans Am Registry:::::.....

Dan: Ever hear of Palmers Garage in Arlington, MA? I just looked at my box and that's where my kit was from. Really strange now because the car was sold and stayed in upper NY state the first years. Maybe they knew someone who worked there or someone bought it later in time. Thought that was odd. I called Palmers and they thought I was a nut on the phone! :)

PHS info packet

Sweet low number there Lonnie!

How long did it take to get the packet from PHS?

Good luck with the sale :)

Roy

Good stuff Lonnie! Make sure you send all your info into the TTA registry! .....:::::Turbo Trans Am Registry:::::.....

Dan: Ever hear of Palmers Garage in Arlington, MA? I just looked at my box and that's where my kit was from. Really strange now because the car was sold and stayed in upper NY state the first years. Maybe they knew someone who worked there or someone bought it later in time. Thought that was odd. I called Palmers and they thought I was a nut on the phone! :)

nope... but there were a lot of new TTAs up here ... doesn't sound like any dealer :confused: I knew of ..

Sweet low number there Lonnie!

How long did it take to get the packet from PHS?

Good luck with the sale :)

Roy

Took about a week to 10 days to receive it after the charge showed up on my card. I think the holiday slowed it down a bit, so once they charge you, should be on the way shortly after.

I've had some emails asking for pics, but no serious interest. Need to sell the TTA or the Buick due to some family problems that arose after the posts above. Now open to offers in the area of the listed price.....

Did you fix the exhaust leak?
Any pics of the tree sap on the paint?

Exhaust leak is still rearing it's stubborn little head. Only thing I haven't tried that might remedy it is tightening the d/s header studs/bolts. We've reset the crossover twice and it helped a little, but still hear a leak. Car makes an indicated 15-16# of boost at WOT, plus the O2's are dead on (825-835). It's just enough of a leak to drive ya nuts looking for it....lol.

No tree sap on the car that I have seen. I saw one little fresh spot of pine sap 4-5 days ago, got it off the car, then bought a car cover to keep that mess off the car. I hate pine trees with a passion...:D

I am trying to understand what you wrote about in the beginning, it sat under a tree for 2.5 yr. Also the nose wasn't painted correctly, was it damaged and repainted? Any closeups of the problem areas such as this and the center piece that rusted?

I am trying to understand what you wrote about in the beginning, it sat under a tree for 2.5 yr. Also the nose wasn't painted correctly, was it damaged and repainted? Any closeups of the problem areas such as this and the center piece that rusted?

That is what I was told when I bought the car. Judging from some of the leaves I found in the cracks/crevices, I would hazard to guess it was either oaks or pecans. Definitely wasn't pine trees, otherwise the car would have been a mess.

It looks like the nose was repainted at some point in time, but I couldn't see any signs of damage to the structure underneath. More than likely it was just a cosmetic repaint from the same type of damage as it has now. It's pretty hard to judge where the nose ends, so all it would take is one forgetful moment and oops, scuffed the nose. The CARFAX report only had 3 records, so car hasn't been in any accidents. Front subframe, core support, floorpans are in excellent shape w/no signs of repair/damage.

I do have pics of the trim panel rust. I checked underneath as best I could and the roof structure is sound from what I could see. Looks to me like it's contained just to that trim panel.....I have a new OEM one to replace it. The rust is only on the P/S of the panel....D/S is in excellent shape. From what I have been told and read, this is a common rust spot on T-top equipped 3rd Gens. Just glad it was caught before getting into the roof structure. Shoot me your email addy and I'll send the pics over of the nose and trim panel.

Will send you the pics out later today, but looks like I have a deal for both cars in the works. I hate parting with them, but gotta be in a position to help the family out first.