1989 TTA trade for Grand National-Oregon

Please if your GN is a pile of crap, Im not interested. Ive had a huge amount of interest, but still havent found the right car. So still available......

So had the Mass Air Flow checked out and it is perfectly fine. I found out that the rough idle is the exhaust system. The exhaust was changed out(supposedly factory replacement), by the previous owner and there is a slight drone at about 800 rpms which is right at idle. That is my rough idle, so there is no problem with that.

Still getting some interest on the car, but nobody has made any commitments.

Had a couple of "real" interested people call, but then never heard from them after talking on the phone once or twice.

Still available...........

Why do people contact me to say "Im interested in your car", then when I contact them back, I never hear from them again. I dont get it? What is the point. This happened a million times after I posted this ad. Anyone "serious"?

WOW thats kinda like what you did to me with the GNX wheels... STROKERS ARE EVERY WHERE!!!!

Are you talking about the "new" GNX wheels you were going to sell me that were actually "re-done". Yeah I liked how you hesitated on the phone when I asked you about them being repainted.

Too bad you didnt shoot me a price on the TTA, i used the money and ordered a 2010 camaro :eek:

BW

I didnt really want to sell the car outright unless I found a GN locally for sale. I am more interested in trades for a GN. Thanks!!!!!

I've got a very solid '86 GN here that I'd be willing to discuss a trade for. Or car is for sale.

It is a hardtop, with about 118K kms. Since I bought the car two years ago, I've done the following to it: new BFG Radial TA tires, serviced brakes, new fluids in brakes, engine, trans and rear end. Installed new carpet and headliner. Installed CD changer in trunk, plays via FM modulator to OEM radio. New weatherstripping. New valve guide seals and valve springs. New exhaust sytem. New fuel pump and fuel filter. Kirban front braces and ball joint heat shield. New Kirban floor mats. New plugs and wires. New battery. Aftermarket speakers installed in factory locations.

Car is a very solid driver. Paint is an old repaint, done in the early 90s I am told. Very shiny, but with some flaws. Undercarriage is clean, haven't found any significant rust anywhere.

Passed emissions test with flying colors. Has all GN badges and emblems.

Car has the '86 only electronic climate control. AC needs to be recharged. Has a GM posi installed.

Has power windows and locks. No twilight sensor or remote passenger mirror control. No concert sound.

Pictures are available by request.

Its hard finding them in good condition out here.

Good luck on your (now long) search for another one. I know the only way mine will be leaving my garage is either by tow truck or if I fall on seriously hard times, I dont even think having a kid would make me sell it.

Thanks Whut.......I thought I had a deal a number of times, but for some reason they all fell through. None was local though. I am starting to like the TTA more and more. I just cant stand the "white" paint!!

It will grow on you. I would suggest pulling off the decals to make it smoother appearing. The big thing I dont like about the TTA is the steering wheel, and how badly the driver seat just seems to fall apart. If I were to get a TTA it would be spendy for me as I would only take a stock cloth interior one which is extremely rare (like 4 or something made) and if one was ordered hard top, that would also be a demand.

I guess its a good thing I like stripper GNs. :D

The car has definitely grown on me already. I dont mind the decals, as it breaks up all that white. Performance wise, I would choose the TTA by a small margin. Looks wise, GN by a large margin. The GN is just more of my style of a car.

having a child is no reason to sell a toy. the child would be no where near the car until at least age 30 (or shows a significant amount of respect for the vehicle).

sorry to hear you're having problems with people wasting your time. if you stick with it you will eventually get the deal you want. the only problem would be is if you were in a hurry to get it done, and it doesn't look that way.

good luck.