1989 Pontiac TTA for Sale $17,500 Southwest Chicago Area

Sale failed again.......the winning bidder emailed me on Tuesday that he was going to pick up the car yesterday with a cashiers check.... Since then he did not make his deposit or respond to my last two emails or phone calls.... I don't know what happened to him but I know I gave him till yesterday and also turned away 5 inquiries about the car as it was for sale locally too...not anymore.....I couldn't' even offer as a second chance bid because that guy messaged me within less than 24 hours till auction close to cancel his bid because he bought another car....I thought he sabotaged the auction and that I got lucky with a last second bid to outbid him..... both guys had great Ebay ratings too....That is the worst thing about Ebay..they take huge fees but no way to hold anyone really accountable for their bids.... that would never happen at a Mecum or Barrett Jackson auction....the only think you can do is give them a bad Ebay Rating....

So it is back on the market, I may take some time but worth every penny and I won't take less than $15K for it... I think it will most likely sell locally via this forum or the Turbo Buick forum to someone who actually knows these cars and their value....

The good thing is I get to enjoy it more now... :)

Another awesome cruise night in Frankfort, IL....
uploadfromtaptalk1376607325739.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1376607358047.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Beautiful car, the market is soft on these cars as it takes a special person to want them. I have a 8k mile TTA and I have had no hits on it.

GLWS.

Sale Pending.... $15K.... but you are right on...takes patience and a special buyer that knows what these cars are and have a passion for them.... like us.... :)

Crazy market on these cars.... I will never understand it...has always been soft....even when they first hit the market....many sold for well under sticker... but as long as there are always 10+ for sale at any give time, it will stay soft......

I'll never learn....I just believe they will be worth more in a few years, especially next year when it hits collector status(25 years old). I can't believe you have had no hits.... I have had tons of interest in this car, but the number one comment is they wish it were more Stock and that I had the stock parts...so you would think your's would be very desirable... well I am sure it is, just no one is willing to pay $20k + for them when you can still find the cars for at or below $15K. 86-87 GN's in decent shape are pulling $15K all day...and they made 1000's of those cars..... Just one of those things that make you go hummmmmmmmmmmm and scratch your head...

GLWS to you as well tta1265

I remember the SD455 Trans Ams were virtually unknown for years, then started kicking up in value around 2006. I sold my 74 SD455 TA in '04 for $19k. Same car would bring $40k to $45k now. When I had my TTA at Mecum, last year, it was the most popular car in the row, but few people knew what it was. Sometimes rarity doesn't equate resale value. Then you think about the GNX....even more rare, but it has always demanded big money. Who knows.

Taking it to Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale, AZ in January 2014.. always wanted to go and making a vacation out of it.... Until then, the car is for sale locally for $17,500 FIRM.... Here are some updated pics of Rayder from last weekends Turbo Buick Meet.....

What time did you leave the meet? I don't remember seeing the car there :confused:. Bump for one hell of a deal!

Yea, I was there from 10 till about 2:30.... Left before the raffle, not much for the TTA on the table...

awesome day though... I heard there were 89 turbo buick's there in all....and some really unique ones too.... it was great to put a face to some members and make some new friends too... what an awesome group...

So did you ever sell the car? I think it is a nice one. Wish you wanted a GN because I would entertain trading mine.