1987 Turbo T-Type $3,000 *PICS* Austin TX

Hardway

I am posting this for a friend. He is selling his 1987 Buick Regal T-type. It has the original intercooled turbo V6. Car has 208K miles on it. Engine was gone through about 6-7 years ago including new rings, bearings, valve springs, etc. Car is cosmetically rough but complete. Factory hydro-boost was replaced with a vacuum booster unit and the uncut turbo heat shield is in the trunk. He may still have the original hydro-boost unit, not sure. It runs, drives, and stops but the engine hunts for idle. Possibly due to a vacuum leak or sensor going out but does not smoke or anything and it starts right up every time. He put a new MAF, IAC, and O2 on it. Since it has been sitting for 2 years and not driven much it could probably use a tune up and a full fluid change. The interior is a little dirty but in good shape minus the rip in the driver seat. Back seat looks great, has perfect headliner, and everything would clean up well. Car also includes an extra T-3 turbo that has been ported out to a T-4 but it needs to be rebuilt. Body is rust free and damage free minus the busted bumper fillers. Asking $3,000 OBO. Cash talks, no trades or financing. With some time and TLC this could be a really nice car again or a gold mine for parts. Contact Mike at mrenergy07@yahoo.com or 512-825-5283. Car is located in Round Rock TX just north of Austin and Mike has the clear title in his name in hand.

The pics below are the only ones we have. Apologies they are at night.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

07a.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

He did, he got $2,300 for it. The engine had a an oil leak, brakes needed attention, and a long list of other things. He had no place to work on it or the time. The guy that bought it said that him and his son will work on it together to get it back on the road. I agree that he could have gotten a little more but when someone comes along with cash its hard to turn it down in this economy. If I had the time and the room I would have bought it but I would have parted it out. Too many nice DONE cars out there for $7K - $10K, and that's their asking price.

I'd agree...that car woulda been parts. For some reason I find myself fond of the vinyl top and benchseat non-limiteds though. I may have held off a bit, but at 2300...it would be too tempting to make money on the car parting it rather than dump 10k into it to get it right again.

I would have bought it!!! i always wanted a white T. My wife would have bitched but she would have got over. Man, wasnt too far from me either, couple hours!

only a sleazy pig would part that car out. the guy wanted a quick sale. now some guy and his kid will make it nice. parting it out would have been a crime.

Good deal! Glad to see a nice cheap rust free car go to a father son project, thats just awesome! I hope to see it on the board sometime. Did a board member buy it?

I agree with all the statements above. I was even thinking of buying it but my buddy and I would have parted it out. I posted the car up on Craigslist at the same time I posted it here and a guy from south Austin bought it. I knew it would go quick and I am glad it did. My friend Mike is a good guy, has a 5yr old daughter and another on the way. He took good care of the car for the majority of the time he owned it as it was his DD for several years. We all know how its goes, the job, kids, no garage, no time, it gets tough to own a vehicle like this. He needed the money and all things considered it was a win-win for everyone.