1987 Turbo T in Oceanside CA $7500

Ken Cunningham

Post No Bills
1987 Buick Regal Turbo T. Grey exterior, blue interior.
Original Rorick Buick (Carlsbad) car never left California, thus rust free. Third adult owner. 219,000 miles seems like a lot, but this car has been exceptionally well cared for. Clear coat is starting to go on hood, see pic below. Car is not perfect, but is daily driven and is very fast and reliable.
Many upgrades and recent maintenance. Still qualifies in "Stock" category of Buick car shows. Here is a partial list:
Timing chain replaced by DRW Transmissions
A/C converted to R134, compressor replaced 9/09
Oil pan and valve cover gaskets replaced 9/09
Transmission by DRW Transmission
Eaton limited slip differential
Blue top injectors/MAF translator/hot wired upgraded fuel pump/manually adjustable boost/upgraded turbo
Rear seat is an upgrade out of a Coupe de Ville, but the stock seat goes with the car too.
Custom arm rest/cup holder from Buick Roadmaster installed and visible in pic below.
Boost/oil pressure/water temp gauges installed (VDO)
Brake Master Cylinder converted, but the stock Powermaster is included (probably needs rebuilding)
In fact, a whole lot of spare parts go along with it; a whole pickup truck full. After 15 years of driving Turbo Regals, I am ready to move on. I will miss it, I'm sure. Nothing will push you back in your seat like a well running Turbo Regal.

The only things I know are not working are these:

windshield washer pump is out
cruise control is out
power seat track motor is broken, but the new tracks were just received from Kirban. I have not installed them yet, but when installed you will have the 6-way power seat again.

Other misc:
power trunk release installed
trunk has carpet kit from factory
kill switch installed
many chips go with car, including blue top smog chip
no alky system
a stem of the header panel, right next to the grill, broke. My repair is lame.

NADA has a low retail of $8,050, med $13,100, hi of $26,100. Because of the paint and mileage, I've priced it below the low.

I've tried to tag, I've tried to attach, but I admit putting the photos here is beyond my capability. I established what I think is a public album here:

Pictures by drnos547 - Photobucket

If that doesn't work, contact me and I can email the pics. At least I know how to do that.

KBC-Buick-Back.jpg

Interior.jpg

KBC-Buick.jpg

Buick-PartsID.jpg

Buick-Engine.jpg

Buick-Trunk.jpg

Thanks for the assist, ttaowner! There are a couple more pics on the link, but you get the idea from the pictures here.

Note the door panel, especially visable on the passenger side on the interior pic. Practically new replacements. My others were not really tattered, but the color had faded and the nap was missing on the top where the driver arm rests when the window's open. Concert sound speakers. I replaced the head unit with a CD player, but still have the stock cassette unit (if you want it).

Love the car. What tires where you running when you spun to a 2.2 60 ft? What was the boost launch at and was the boost set at stock boost levels? With M/T Radials, you would have run much better, thanks.

I haven't raced the car since they closed the Carlsbad drag strip to build an industrial park. I believe the tires were Pep Boys Futurity (i.e., Cornell) stock sized 215-65-15. l would soft lauch at about 0# then top out about 18. I was using a Thrasher race chip and 103 octane, cat convertor dropped out and a straight pipe put in.

I haven't raced the car since they closed the Carlsbad drag strip to build an industrial park.

We were there for the very last race, it was cool how that road went over the strip. The biggest shame of all is how they ground it up, buried it, turned the entire place into an industrial park and all of those buildings are empty and cant get any leases :confused:

Also, where in Carlsbad are you if you don'y mind me asking? We stay at a place off on the north east corner of Carlsbad Blvd and Pointsettia, across from the trailer park and we'll be over there around Thanksgiving so if the car hasn't sold by then I wouldn't mind stopping by to look at it (not allowed to get a car without personally looking at it first).

I'm in Oceanside, just north of Carlsbad. Love to see you when you get into town. Call me at 760/845-5321 or drop me a line here.

are those the original seats up front or aftermarket? never seen that combo before. Cloth and Vinyl/leather.

are those the original seats up front or aftermarket? never seen that combo before. Cloth and Vinyl/leather.

Good catch. I had the seats recovered a couple of years ago and restuffed them so it wouldn't make my big butt so sore.

If you really, really know your 1987 Regals and you look at that same pic you might notice that the door panels look off. I bought and installed a set from Kirban earlier this year. The fabric cushioning is in even stripes (rolls?), but the set that came out had thick/thin/thick etc. I wrote Dennis about that and even sent him pics. He wasn't aware that there were different designs and he speculated that the panels he sent me *might* have been from an 86.

In any case, the door panels look brand new, so if the pattern is a little different I don't care.

I was thinking of getting more foam added into the bottom cushion, but that seat cover is not from a buick tr. were you not able to use the new stock looking seat covers w more foam added in certain areas? Just curious. Planning on getting my interior done shortly. Thanks.

The original seat covers were fabric and getting pretty worn. So when I took it in and looked at both vinyl covers and fabric covers. Since I was having trouble making up my mind the shop owner suggested a vinyl/fabric combo, so I chose that.

Wish it were a better story, but that's how it happened

* Reduced Price * Now $6,400

Car is now back on the market and a greatly reduced $6400.

Since the original posting a year + ago, I have put on new tires all around and a new set of ball joints (upper and lower).

I need a tow vehicle for a tent trailer, and this is NOT IT!

Car is now back on the market and a greatly reduced $6400.

Since the original posting a year + ago, I have put on new tires all around and a new set of ball joints (upper and lower).

I need a tow vehicle for a tent trailer, and this is NOT IT!

How come I can't find anything like this on the east coast? :mad: bump for a nice ride...

Could you send me some more pictures of the interior? What about the under carriage? You state that it has 219,000 on it...is this the stock motor? Does it smoke? How's the compression? If I could book a flight out to you, would you meet me at the airport and let me look at it? I would hate to buy a car sight-un-seen. Email me at claytonleland@bellsouth.net or call me 601-750-7195. Thanks