1987 Turbo T FOR SALE

No way it's a mid 11 car. The motor to the best of my knowledge was rebuilt by my buddy in Florida. New timing chain, valve springs, turbo, down pipe blow off valve, alky control, etc etc. I do believe the car has 159k but the whole car has been restored including paint and interior. It's a real nice car. He's selling it for $20,000. He paid half that so you guys now know the purchased price. He didn't do a thing to it and is just reselling it. His car, his choice but double the money??? Good luck pal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I doubt he'll sell it through here lol
How long till its on eBay or if he sells it how long til the new owner posts about it on here. Lol

Well I don't know what he paid,maybe Rotti54 will say, but it was listed at 14,500,and the mileage discrepancy which was fairly clear it had 159k and not 59k. So after I realized it was the same car, I asked if it was the same black pearl one from these forums, he kind of blew me off to talk to another guy, then I asked what's the mileage, he said without hesitation 59k, then I asked the price and he said $20k, he also said it runs mid 11's. I just said OK, nice car ,and walked away, lol.

Wow!!

The problem is that it's a federal offense to misrepresent mileage on a vehicle. So if he's doing that then he's committing fraud and jail time is insured as the Feds are serious about that type of thing.

Either way this is not something that a true enthusiasts does. I mean how many of you would do something like this? I mean making money on a car you cleaned up fixed up or what have you that's one thing (if you are dealer). But, to have an enthusiast (if u want to call him or her that) try to profit in a misleading manner off of another enthusiast (after having gotten a deal from yet another enthusiast / forum member here) just is not right. I don't care how you slice it.

I'm with you on the misrep, not gray area at all, and I read the current ad and it's written as orig mileage. As to the flip, he knew it wouldn't go over well here, which speaks for itself. So I'm slicing it the way you are.

...potentially unfortunate time for him to pull that flip, as there are presently 2 '87 TBs for sale in PA/NJ c-list with under 30k miles and under $25k (you can thank me later those that didn't know but might be interested).

This forum is a joke your all a bunch of jealous haters and I can't believe I am on here explaining myself I did not buy the car as a "flip"..I wasn't going to get involved in all your jealous rants or whatever you want to call this that I bought a car at a great price, did put $2000 in parts and labor into it (who the Hell does that if they are flipping a car?? I would not have touched it) so get your facts straight before you say I did nothing Rotti54, and decided 2 months later that I wanted an actual Grand National(God forbid sue me) so I am going to sell it for my asking price....unless your looking to purchase the car who gives a crap what I paid for it an what I am asking for it, should have no affect on your life at all!!! I could have paid $1.00 for it and then asked $20,000 big freaking deal!!! If you have such a problem with this then any of you haters should have bought this car before I did as it was for sale on this forum for 8 months before the seller came to me with the price I paid for it. So all you haters are going to tell me if you bought a car at a great price then decided to sell it your going to say to yourself "Well I paid $$$ this for the car I know its worth $$$$$ but I am going to sell it for exactly what I paid/put into it".....give me a F...ING break your lying of course anyone with half a brain is going to try and sell the car for what it is worth this is the real world we live in here folks, but if a member of the forum said to me lets talk I would listen as I have purchased and sold cars on this forum before...well not anymore. Rotti54 yourself said and knows the entire car was restored from top to bottom, unfortunately you had no takers on this forum maybe you should have tried to sell it somewhere else to then. The car is worth what its worth not what I paid for it, I would have paid their asking price at the time if I had the money...I didn't they came back to me with an offer..I still didn't have the money...I kept in touch with them to see if the car was still available, when I had the money that they said they would sell the car for I bought it end of story.....It is what it is people get over it...I am not bashing anyone this forum with these cars asking for your first born, guess from now on I will.

Not for nothing bud, but I did state the car was sweet, the mileage is and has been a question. What exactly was done putting $2,000 into the car? It was in excellent condition, did you do motor work or something? Honestly, I think you got an awesome deal on the car, I think guys are upset because the car wasn't for sale for anywhere near that price that you are now asking. I wish you luck, if it was me I'd keep it and enjoy it, but I obviously don't know your situation and that's none of my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe a lot of the responses on this thread are to inform pontential buyers of the known facts regarding this vehicle! Call it what you want but that's what this forum and all forums are for . They are a great place to gather information good or bad !!

I'm with you on the misrep, not gray area at all, and I read the current ad and it's written as orig mileage. As to the flip, he knew it wouldn't go over well here, which speaks for itself. So I'm slicing it the way you are.

Amen brotha!

This forum is a joke your all a bunch of jealous haters and I can't believe I am on here explaining myself I did not buy the car as a "flip"..I wasn't going to get involved in all your jealous rants or whatever you want to call this that I bought a car at a great price, did put $2000 in parts and labor into it (who the Hell does that if they are flipping a car?? I would not have touched it) so get your facts straight before you say I did nothing Rotti54, and decided 2 months later that I wanted an actual Grand National(God forbid sue me) so I am going to sell it for my asking price....unless your looking to purchase the car who gives a crap what I paid for it an what I am asking for it, should have no affect on your life at all!!! I could have paid $1.00 for it and then asked $20,000 big freaking deal!!! If you have such a problem with this then any of you haters should have bought this car before I did as it was for sale on this forum for 8 months before the seller came to me with the price I paid for it. So all you haters are going to tell me if you bought a car at a great price then decided to sell it your going to say to yourself "Well I paid $$$ this for the car I know its worth $$$$$ but I am going to sell it for exactly what I paid/put into it".....give me a F...ING break your lying of course anyone with half a brain is going to try and sell the car for what it is worth this is the real world we live in here folks, but if a member of the forum said to me lets talk I would listen as I have purchased and sold cars on this forum before...well not anymore. Rotti54 yourself said and knows the entire car was restored from top to bottom, unfortunately you had no takers on this forum maybe you should have tried to sell it somewhere else to then. The car is worth what its worth not what I paid for it, I would have paid their asking price at the time if I had the money...I didn't they came back to me with an offer..I still didn't have the money...I kept in touch with them to see if the car was still available, when I had the money that they said they would sell the car for I bought it end of story.....It is what it is people get over it...I am not bashing anyone this forum with these cars asking for your first born, guess from now on I will.

Hmm, if you feel so morally superior about this subject, then why are you all BUTT HURT like this? Guilty lashing out words are usually a result of guilty concisions.

All I know is honesty always is and always has been the best policy no matter what! Especially when dealing with would be like minded individuals! But hey you do what you want there pal! As karma is sure to catch up sooner or later.

50bcf701420416aa42b0408174a5269b.jpg

I believe a lot of the responses on this thread are to inform pontential buyers of the known facts regarding this vehicle! Call it what you want but that's what this forum and all forums are for . They are a great place to gather information good or bad !!

I agree whole heartedly! Not long ago a guy found another board members old car being sold on Internet as low Mileage vehicle. When in fact it 200,000 more miles than what the company was suggesting.

This guy ended up buying the car and loves it! As it is a beautiful car and you can't tell it has that many miles on it all! So I agree the board is here to help those who need it. And let's face it we all may need every now again.

And no one on here is downing the car at all! As we're merely hoping the facts get out. And that's for everyone's sake. Because id sure hate for this new owner to go to jail for misrepresenting Mileage! However, that is clearly what could happen if he were caught at it! And knowing most new owners end up coming here, then my guess is that there is more than enough evidence to put him away. And that's not being ugly as that's just the facts is all.

Not for nothing bud, but I did state the car was sweet, the mileage is and has been a question. What exactly was done putting $2,000 into the car? It was in excellent condition, did you do motor work or something? Honestly, I think you got an awesome deal on the car, I think guys are upset because the car wasn't for sale for anywhere near that price that you are now asking. I wish you luck, if it was me I'd keep it and enjoy it, but I obviously don't know your situation and that's none of my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I do appreciate you saying that, the car is very sweet the only reason I am selling it is because I would rather have an actual GN like I originally had 28 years ago if it doesn't sell I have no problem keeping it and continuing to enjoy it. As for the mileage when and if someone buys it I was going to tell them exactly what I was told by the seller, the title says its the actual mileage, there may be a discrepancy but I did not run a carfax on it but after reading the posts here and thinking about it I will from here on out just represent the car as having 159,xxx miles. As to what I put into the car I bought an RJC Racing Megacooler IC-315-XTF with polished pipes, that alone was $1100 with shipping, and had it professionally installed and at that time I had the the car gone over, oil changed, etc, as you know it had been sitting. I also bought a nice aluminum polished valve cover set up with breathers, another set of wheels I was contemplating on installing on the car, a 2 gauge holder for he A-pillar with a Caspers Knock Gauge and a few other miscellaneous dress up items for the car. Again if it doesn't sell I am fine keeping it, its going back into the shop tomorrow to get the valve covers, and Knock Gauge installed. As for guys being upset over the price, I am sorry they are upset but anyone knows especially when dealing with Craigslist if you want 15-16k for a car you put it up for 20k and then you put firm to keep all the tire kickers away.

You can do whatever the hell you want with YOUR car but before you start calling others out for not "getting the facts straight" and "lying"..... you might want to rethink your advertisement or at the minimum, state that the mileage might not be "original" as stated.

That is one GLARING fact you seemed to gloss over in your rant and failed to disclose in your ad.

Jus' sayin'.

There's an ass for every seat, you'll find a buyer.

You can do whatever the hell you want with YOUR car but before you start calling others out for not "getting the facts straight" and "lying"..... you might want to rethink your advertisement or at the minimum, state that the mileage might not be "original" as stated.

That is one GLARING fact you seemed to gloss over in your rant and failed to disclose in your ad.

Jus' sayin'.

There's an ass for every seat, you'll find a buyer.
Again after reading all your posts regarding the mileage I originally was going to tell the actual buyer what I was told by the seller: there is a discrepancy with the mileage but the title says its actual but I am now just going with 159,000 miles.

You mean to tell me there may be an element of risk when buying a used car?

Damnnn!!!! Never knew that! :rolleyes:

I do appreciate you saying that, the car is very sweet the only reason I am selling it is because I would rather have an actual GN like I originally had 28 years ago if it doesn't sell I have no problem keeping it and continuing to enjoy it. As for the mileage when and if someone buys it I was going to tell them exactly what I was told by the seller, the title says its the actual mileage, there may be a discrepancy but I did not run a carfax on it but after reading the posts here and thinking about it I will from here on out just represent the car as having 159,xxx miles. As to what I put into the car I bought an RJC Racing Megacooler IC-315-XTF with polished pipes, that alone was $1100 with shipping, and had it professionally installed and at that time I had the the car gone over, oil changed, etc, as you know it had been sitting. I also bought a nice aluminum polished valve cover set up with breathers, another set of wheels I was contemplating on installing on the car, a 2 gauge holder for he A-pillar with a Caspers Knock Gauge and a few other miscellaneous dress up items for the car. Again if it doesn't sell I am fine keeping it, its going back into the shop tomorrow to get the valve covers, and Knock Gauge installed. As for guys being upset over the price, I am sorry they are upset but anyone knows especially when dealing with Craigslist if you want 15-16k for a car you put it up for 20k and then you put firm to keep all the tire kickers away.

I definitely like that car. Regardless of mileage if I wasn't going through a nasty divorce last year I would have bought it. It was clean and quick. I'd say if you had the boost at about 18-20psi with alky it was a mid 12 sec car maybe lower. That aside it's sweet. I'm buying an 82 Trans Am that's super sweet and much cheaper that a GN or Turbo T. I just don't have the loot for the GBody right now but want to enjoy the hobby. GLWS someone will get a nice clean Turbo T.