1987 Turbo T 16,xxx original miles

Turbo Steve

My T is up for sale.A divorce sale :D . 1987 turbo T 16,xxx original miles purchased new at local Buick dealer, Dark blue met. ,astro roof,manual locks/windows,chrome bumpers and mirrors with black bezels very rare.built right.6776dbb 63ext,Champ irons & intake,206/210 FT roller,harland sharp rr,champion covers,Precision SLI,Razors Alky,THDP,Extreme Automatics stage 2 2004r, PTC 9.5 n/l conv, Jays 2 1/2" duals,Power logger,ATR rear bar,GNX style backseat brace. $18,000

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1,199
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,197
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 1,193
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,189
  • IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,182
Rust? You sure your looken at the same car for sale here? I don't see any rust?

GNBrett.
Look at the pic. with the door open. Maybe you can tell me whats wrong with the door jamb???

GNBrett.
Look at the pic. with the door open. Maybe you can tell me whats wrong with the door jamb???

I have looked several times and from what I can see there may be some grease on the rubber seal for the inner door which means nothing other then the fact that grease is there. That car is a time capsule. There is no rust. Probably some dirt in there as well.

Damn youv'e got good eyes as I can't even see the door weather strip and if that's just grease on the door jamb the whole thing must be covered with grease.

what kinda et does this run? pretty sure i saw this car at lebanon valley dragway! i think the day i saw it you were having some problems you were sorting out? pretty car ! great shape!

M233roller, what you see in the door jamb is undercoating. My car had tons of that crap in the door jambs, in the bottom seams of the doors,firewall and even the very insides of my fenders. With some wax remover,kerosone, or gas those jambs will look like new! I debated real hard on if i should remove my undercoating on those pieces as it preserved them so well. On the darker cars the undercoating will make it look like rust but its not. Turbo Steve... super nice rare car with a good built motor! Good luck with your sale!

undercoating in the door jamb ??? not from GM .. maybe the door jamb here is just dirty :confused:

I have looked several times and from what I can see there may be some grease on the rubber seal for the inner door which means nothing other then the fact that grease is there. That car is a time capsule. There is no rust. Probably some dirt in there as well.

There's YOUR car Brett, what are you waiting for!!!???:biggrin: :biggrin:

Love the CF5 and the color combination. Good luck with the sale!

I did want to comment on what I see in the door jamb. I think most of you are thinking about conventional black/rubberized undercoating. This looks to me like an undercoating by either 3M or possibly one used at dealers in the 80's called "Rusty Jones". I worked for a GM dealership in the 80's and what we used looked just like this car. Undercoating installers didn't care much about putting too much, they wanted to be sure they didn't use too little. Thus, what you see on cars from the northeast especially, typically does look like this. Just my experience.:biggrin:

lol first of all that is not rust. there is zero rust on the car.Its some 22yr old dealer installed rust protection. I expect 10.90's but dont have the time or desire.This is my 3rd TR I was the owner/builder of Chris Lyons stage 2 GN. I would ask that if youre interested please pm me and keep the negative comments out of my thread.

Love the CF5 and the color combination. Good luck with the sale!

I did want to comment on what I see in the door jamb. I think most of you are thinking about conventional black/rubberized undercoating. This looks to me like an undercoating by either 3M or possibly one used at dealers in the 80's called "Rusty Jones". I worked for a GM dealership in the 80's and what we used looked just like this car. Undercoating installers didn't care much about putting too much, they wanted to be sure they didn't use too little. Thus, what you see on cars from the northeast especially, typically does look like this. Just my experience.:biggrin:

thanks... you are correct

I never said it was GM undercoating! Grumpy, with all the cars you've owned you have had to seen this stuff on cars before? Twobryans, it is the stuff you're talking about. The black undercoating was for the underneath of the car. i had both types applied on my car. It was done by rustyjones which i'm glad was done to it. Like i said before this stuff preserves the car well. When you open my doors or look under the hood now the car looks like brand new! Sorry to add my 2cents to your thread TurboSteve but i just knew your door jambs were not rusty or grime filled. :smile: This is definately a rust free car! Sorry again for the hyjack.

The original Rusty Jones that was used in the body panels was tan/Lt. brown. We would just find a hole and start squirting, trying to get as much coverage as you could.

None of us wrenches cared were it went so they started making the body shop do it.

Bump for a

Great car.......:biggrin:

Steve i was NOT trying to be negative I was just asking a simple question to what to me looked like rust. I had a good freind of mine that's interested in the car looking at it as he also thought it looked like rust. I guess you are never to old to learn something new as Iv'e been at these Turbo Buick's for 19 years and out here have never seen (and Iv'e seen my share) or heard of the stuff. Sorry if asking a question about your car was hijacking. I'll bow out of here.

thanks Mike no problem

Would it be possible for you to post a few more pics of the car? I realize the car is mint (with NO rust) but I would appreciate a few more pics of the interior from all angles including the headliner and astro roof, the trunk, undercarriage, rubber door moldings up close, rear and a close up of the AC box.

You can post it here or at BPD998@aol.com.

Thanx.